mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so my school offers the Casio FX-991EX and the Casio FX-CG50 which is the fancy graphical one..which is also quite alot more expensive. does it come with any major advantages or will i be ok with the normal classwiz one? i'm not looking to do maths post a levels, so is it worth spending the extra money? thanks
Brandon2468
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
so my school offers the Casio FX-991EX and the Casio FX-CG50 which is the fancy graphical one..which is also quite alot more expensive. does it come with any major advantages or will i be ok with the normal classwiz one? i'm not looking to do maths post a levels, so is it worth spending the extra money? thanks
I have recently bought one of these calculators as i am doing a level maths, it was required for me to get one. Its just that there are a few extra things that you can do compared to the other calculators. But if you are not doing a level maths then i dont think that it would matter too much.
mez_merising
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brandon2468)
I have recently bought one of these calculators as i am doing a level maths, it was required for me to get one. Its just that there are a few extra things that you can do compared to the other calculators. But if you are not doing a level maths then i dont think that it would matter too much.
no i am taking a level maths, sorry i should've made it clearer
which version of the calculator do you have?
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just googled the 991EX your school offers that looks sharp, nice display get that.

Also graphical calculators can store info & are banned at universities so would only be usable on A-levels. Also it takes so long putting the equation and stuff into a graphical calculator its not worth it, almost no real advantage, the exams are designed for standard calculators, if it can do table, some 2 or 3 variable equations even better.
mez_merising
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Just googled the 991EX your school offers that looks sharp, nice display get that.

Also graphical calculators can store info & are banned at universities so would only be usable on A-levels. Also it takes so long putting the equation and stuff into a graphical calculator its not worth it, almost no real advantage, the exams are designed for standard calculators, if it can do table, some 2 or 3 variable equations even better.
ah ok thank you!
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
ah ok thank you!
I've got that Casio fx-991 ex classwiz one, and that's the one our school recommends for us
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads