The Student Room Group

Help me figure out subjects

So currently the subjects in taking for a levels are:
Business
Geography
Media
Politics
I’m thinking about dropping one, either politics or media to instead take economics. So far I think politics because that lesson bores the life out of me, but media has also been quite dull. I would just drop both and take economics but apparently a lot of universities don’t count both business and economics together. So what does anyone think I should do? I’m looking to work in international business or project management but politics is also a route I’d like to go, but I think I’d fail the exam if I’m that bored. Should I just stick it out?
I guess I could always drop it later on
Please try to put your threads in the correct place, moved to A-levels
That's BS if it's true.. Uni's should accept Business and Economics as 2 different A levels. Where did you get this information from?
I would say, from experience from other friends, 4 subjects isn't ideal if you aren't a person who studies all day everyday.. I Have experience with 3 lessons and it is quite stressful, especially Y13.. I would say drop Politics and media, and de economics as you don't like the other 2. Dropping later on is OK but not really ideal as your course starts at day 1. And they don't repeat lessons...
Reply 3
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
That's BS if it's true.. Uni's should accept Business and Economics as 2 different A levels. Where did you get this information from?
I would say, from experience from other friends, 4 subjects isn't ideal if you aren't a person who studies all day everyday.. I Have experience with 3 lessons and it is quite stressful, especially Y13.. I would say drop Politics and media, and de economics as you don't like the other 2. Dropping later on is OK but not really ideal as your course starts at day 1. And they don't repeat lessons...

My sixth form's website said that on course information so it really put me off

Quick Reply

Latest