Open University or Open College of the Arts (OCA)?

Watch
Elisek84
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
New here, 35 years young

Cutting a very long story short, I was unable to attend college/university 20 years ago due to severe health issues. This has, quite obviously, caused me to fall behind with career choices and opportunities.

With my health on the mend (but by no means perfect), I’ve fancied distance learning for nearly a year now, and found two BA options that I’m stuck between - English Language & Creative Writing with Open University or Creative Writing with OCA (University for the Creative Arts).

I think I’m torn between the two due to the reputation either one may have, which one would be more beneficial and respected in the long run, which institution would have better course materials and so on... What’s also making this decision difficult is both universities seem to have mixed reviews regarding quality materials and tutor support. Neither one seems to come out on top as being the obvious choice. AND - they both sound interesting to me!

I would be looking to study full time, with an aim to complete the degree in 3 years - OCA May take 4 years. Anybody have any experience with either of these uni’s? Specifically the distance learning aspect if we’re talking about UCA (OCA)? Any advice is appreciated
Last edited by Elisek84; 1 year ago
chubee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hi everyone ive just applied to OCA ang got an email saying my order was confirmed? However in the feed paid section it says ive paid £0.00? im really confused is this normal and if so does it mean I've paid or do i do that later. thanks
AW_1983
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The OU is far more reputable and very good at what they do. I've never even heard of the OCA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (425)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise