harryisalegend
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m a first year at Queen mary university London and a bit confused in how to apply for bursary. Is it through student finance, and if it is, do I send them an email or send them proof of what evidence?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harryisalegend)
Hi, I’m a first year at Queen mary university London and a bit confused in how to apply for bursary. Is it through student finance, and if it is, do I send them an email or send them proof of what evidence?
Speak to the QMUL student advice team to find out for sure. It might be automatic if you and your parents consented to share your information with your university. Or you might need to do something else
SFE Chanel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

We do not assess the bursaries so you'd need to speak to your university to see if you're eligible for one.

Thanks, Chanel
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
Speak to the QMUL student advice team to find out for sure. It might be automatic if you and your parents consented to share your information with your university. Or you might need to do something else
Hi,

I emailed QMUL student enquiry centre and they replied saying that I have to be assessed by SFE by doing an household income assessment ?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I emailed QMUL student enquiry centre and they replied saying that I have to be assessed by SFE by doing an household income assessment ?
That’s how most universities assess bursaries
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there,

You need to apply for the income assessed Maintenance Loan from us to then allow your university to assess you. Have you submitted your application yet?

Regards,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I have already applied for the maintenance loan (£3k a year) and will be receiving it from my uni. Or do I have apply for another separate application just for bursary?
Last edited by harryisalegend; 4 weeks ago
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Harry,

Did you request the maximum Maintenance Loan from us? Have we assessed you using your household income?

Regards,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I have filled in the PN1 and 2 form uploads from the SFE website and sent it to them by post, is that okay?
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I have filled in the PN1 and 2 form uploads from the SFE website and sent it to them by post, is that okay?
Hi there,

What other forms did you send us with your PN1? Was there a reason you did not apply online?

Regards,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Nihad)
Hi there,

What other forms did you send us with your PN1? Was there a reason you did not apply online?

Regards,
Nihad
Hi,

I thought it would be easier to write it on the documents and I just sent in those two forms. I read online that SFE said I didn’t have to send any evidence unless said so after
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

I thought it would be easier to write it on the documents and I just sent in those two forms. I read online that SFE said I didn’t have to send any evidence unless said so after
I'm still unable to determine what other two forms you sent us, can you please confirm? Are your parents supporting your application? Were their financial details submitted?

Regards,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
I'm still unable to determine what other two forms you sent us, can you please confirm? Are your parents supporting your application? Were their financial details submitted?

Regards,
Nihad
I sent by post PF1 and PFF2 to SFE. It’s been a week and a half, they still haven’t replied, how long does it take to process because my university’s deadline to be approved for bursary is in October
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I sent by post PF1 and PFF2 to SFE. It’s been a week and a half, they still haven’t replied, how long does it take to process because my university’s deadline to be approved for bursary is in October
It takes 25 working days to process PFF2s, but we will need to validate your identity and residency details first.

Thanks,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It takes 25 working days to process PFF2s, but we will need to validate your identity and residency details first.

Thanks,
Nihad
SFE hasn’t replied back for identity evidence, should I send it, or wait for the response?
SFE Nihad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
SFE hasn’t replied back for identity evidence, should I send it, or wait for the response?
Can you confirm what you mean by replying for identity evidence?

Thanks,
Nihad
harryisalegend
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Can you confirm what you mean by replying for identity evidence?

Thanks,
Nihadu
Appolgoies, sending identity evidence, thanks
SFE Chanel
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Appolgoies, sending identity evidence, thanks
Hi,

Did you write down your passport details on the form to confirm your ID? If not you'll need to send us your ID.

Thanks, Chanel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads