lampan40
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I received an unconditional offer both from AUB and uni Falmouth (MA graphic design) but I literally have no idea which one to pick... Falmouth seems great with really good facilities but in terms of city/uni life Bournemouth might be a better choice.... In terms of ranking and employability they don't seem too different so I really don't know what to choose! I haven't been to the open days so I can't even judge basing on that.... PLEASE HELP... any first-hand experience?? Thaaanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you prefer AUB but are worried about choosing it?
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lampan40)
Hi! I received an unconditional offer both from AUB and uni Falmouth (MA graphic design) but I literally have no idea which one to pick... Falmouth seems great with really good facilities but in terms of city/uni life Bournemouth might be a better choice.... In terms of ranking and employability they don't seem too different so I really don't know what to choose! I haven't been to the open days so I can't even judge basing on that.... PLEASE HELP... any first-hand experience?? Thaaanks
Bournemouth is 7 places above Falmouth in the league tables, and I live 10 mins from Bournemouth uni and they have beach parties and always seem to be having fun. I applied there myself (although I declined their offer because they didn’t have good enough facilities for my subject). I know it has high student satisfaction but I’m not sure about other areas. (When I looked around I noticed that every student was different: goth, indie ect, they all had something different about them if that helps). It seemed to be a very artsy university.

I don’t know much about Falmouth so I can’t comment on them but I hope my commentary on Bournemouth helps!
lampan40
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
It sounds like you prefer AUB but are worried about choosing it?
Not really.. as I said I don't know much about neither AUB or Falmouth I do think that Bournemouth might be a better option in terms of nightlife/experience/city life but academically speaking I honestly don't know which I should pick, and in the end it should be the most important factor...
lampan40
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheOnlyIzzy)
Bournemouth is 7 places above Falmouth in the league tables, and I live 10 mins from Bournemouth uni and they have beach parties and always seem to be having fun. I applied there myself (although I declined their offer because they didn’t have good enough facilities for my subject). I know it has high student satisfaction but I’m not sure about other areas. (When I looked around I noticed that every student was different: goth, indie ect, they all had something different about them if that helps). It seemed to be a very artsy university.

I don’t know much about Falmouth so I can’t comment on them but I hope my commentary on Bournemouth helps!
Thanks a lot!!!
brownwc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lampan40)
Depends what kind of night out you're looking for. Bournemouth has more clubs and events going on, and more people

Falmouth is smaller and when I last visited only had one nightclub, although you can easily get to Truro which has more. Falmouth has a lot more of a relaxed and mellow vibe. There are a few festivals in area in the the summer but apart from that I wouldn't go there if you like a heavy night out.

Imo if you're into raving and all-night trawls go Bournemouth. Easy going nights out go Falmouth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads