ADVICE!!!SCARED to go doctors Watch

aisha47643337
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Help I’ve been having digestive issues for quite some time (over a month)and I’m scared to go to speak to a doctor what do I do ?
Last edited by aisha47643337; 2 weeks ago
cam9823
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
do a massive **** might help
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aisha47643337)
Help I’ve been having digestive issues for quite some time (over a month)and I’m scared to go to speak to a doctor what do I do ?
pick up the phone

call your GP

book an appointment

go to the appointment.

Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aisha47643337)
Doctor is the best person to see so although it's scary you need to go. There are some things that might help make it a bit less scary though.
You can ask for a double appointment if you have a lot to talk about or think they will need to do an examinations (looking or feeling anywhere) so you won't be rushed.
You can write down anything you want to make sure you mention or ask so you don't forget. If you're really nervous you can also hand it to the doctor to read so you don't have to start off talking.
You can bring somebody with you. That can be anybody- mum, grandad, best friend, nice neighbour. You don't have to bring anybody if you don't want to though.
You can ask to see a specific doctor or for them to be male/ female.

To make an appointment just phone your doctors surgery, ask for an appointment and answer the questions (your name, date of birth, what it's about). You don't have to tell them what it's about if you don't want to and you don't have to be specific. It's just so your doctor knows what you'll be talking about before you come in. You could say "digestive issues" just as you have here.

If you have any specific worries or questions about seeing a doctor feel free to ask about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads