Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a book on VBA excel for beginners, it's a very good book and goes through many of the basics of VBA programming in excel, but what I really want is some structured problems (with solutions) for VBA Excel, so that I can actually practice writing the code, obviously reading a book that tells you what different commands do is only so good, you need to actually do it. Online tutorials welcome, a quick google and amazon search didn't bring up anything that seemed useful.

Any help much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barny)
    I've just bought a book on VBA excel for beginners, it's a very good book and goes through many of the basics of VBA programming in excel, but what I really want is some structured problems (with solutions) for VBA Excel, so that I can actually practice writing the code, obviously reading a book that tells you what different commands do is only so good, you need to actually do it. Online tutorials welcome, a quick google and amazon search didn't bring up anything that seemed useful.

Any help much appreciated.
    Hey there, I too want to learn VBA skills etc to prep me up for IB, which book did you buy? I bought Excel 2007 Bible and i think its quite good so far.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    This guy seems to have some tutorials with solutions. He gets more advanced here (MC, BS pricing etc). [Not checked his code for quality.]

There is also a bunch of pre-written code at QuantCode.

Other than that I can only suggest coding stuff out of a mathematical finance book and checking the computed answers against the solutions.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I wasn't really wanting it for Mathematical Finance but those examples are useful none the less, anyone know of anything similar?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.