dak0ta
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys,

So I'm currently 2 weeks into IB, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I'm looking to take a medicine course in University, and these are my subjects:
HL - Business Management, Biology, Chemistry
SL - Maths, French AB Initio, Lang & Lit

I'm looking to possibly go to a uni in the uk . Are there any tips for what would be impressive for a potential medicine student in a good university? along with the ideal ib score and also how i can do well in these subjects??

Thanks!
Aspenfire
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really focus on your bio, chem and math! Those will be the grades that matter.
Depending on the university that you want to go to, aim for a 38 for a good med school, for Oxbridge aim between 41-42(43)!
dak0ta
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Aspenfire)
Really focus on your bio, chem and math! Those will be the grades that matter.
Depending on the university that you want to go to, aim for a 38 for a good med school, for Oxbridge aim between 41-42(43)!
thank you so much!
JLeiden
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You need HL 6/6/6 or 6/6/7 in chem and other science for all med schools. Try to get experince in care environment as part of CAS. Look at requirements-the expectation for volunteer work is very high for a lot of schools.
Last edited by JLeiden; 11 months ago
kibbi.x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I am wanting to do medicine too. I think Oxford/Cambridge medicine degree generally requires a 7 for Chemistry HL, as well as a 6 and a 7 for HL maths/biology/physics (choose two). Maybe check on their websites for clarification as it might differ depending on what specific college you want to attend. In terms of IB score, you will be aiming above a 42/43 to be safe (I think this is listed on their website too). Hope this helps
VanillaCream
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kibbi.x)
Hi, I am wanting to do medicine too. I think Oxford/Cambridge medicine degree generally requires a 7 for Chemistry HL, as well as a 6 and a 7 for HL maths/biology/physics (choose two). Maybe check on their websites for clarification as it might differ depending on what specific college you want to attend. In terms of IB score, you will be aiming above a 42/43 to be safe (I think this is listed on their website too). Hope this helps
well, at Oxford the requirement is 39 and 766 so, since they don't score predicted grades, this is definitely enough to get an offer (at least when it comes to predicted grades)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.37%
No (195)
78.63%

Watched Threads