Is AQA A Level Biology and Chemistry easier than OCR?

Watch
Silxnt1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I am currently studying A Level Biology and Chemistry; both on the OCR exam board, and I have heard from one of my friends, who is now studying AQA A Level Biology, that AQA content is much easier than OCR content for A Level Biology; which he was with prior to switching.
At GCSE I was able to score 9, 9, 8 across the Sciences (AQA), but I am now finding it much harder to score A's in Biology, and Chemistry, with the OCR exam board, (acknowledging that it is meant to be harder than GCSE anyway, because it is A Level) and I am wondering whether it would be (significantly) easier to score A's/A*'s if I were studying AQA A Level Biology and Chemistry instead of OCR A Level Biology and Chemistry, due to the said difference in the difficultly to learn the content and the way in which it's tested, across both exam boards.
Last edited by Silxnt1; 6 months ago
xnyxnx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Lmfao no

I did AQA and they SUCK, everyone who did OCR said their exams and content were easier but thats my opinion.
Compost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Ofqual ensures that all A levels approved for teaching in England in the same subject are of comparable difficulty. There will be differences in approach and one might suit you more than another but, on average, they are equally hard
Silxnt1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Biology is so long tho, especially in the Oxford OCR textbook
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (189)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (199)
16.32%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (119)
9.76%
Isolating with family (85)
6.97%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (47)
3.86%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (105)
8.61%
Loneliness (118)
9.68%
Financial worries (52)
4.27%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.3%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise