The Student Room Group

Anyone done ICS and how was it?

^^
Original post by PrazzPrazz
^^

Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

Are you thinking of volunteering with them?

If you don't get any more answers to this soon, feel free to quote me in again, and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:
^^

Hey, I haven’t personally done ICS but I know a close friend who has just recently done it and from what she’s said to me, it’s honestly so educational and also something that is worth doing while you have the time for it. She went to Nepal and worked with children for 3 months and it seemed pretty nice.

If you’ve done NCS, it’s pretty much the same experience but a lot more better because you’re working with other people to help communities that are desperate for help.

Just remember, you will need to fundraise I believe it’s £800 by yourself and that can take a bit of time, it might be best if you set up a Facebook fundraise page since that seems like it’s one of the easiest ways to go around getting money to fund the journey.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions, let me know. :smile:
Hi! I've just completed my application for ICS and had a phone call from someone who works for the team so I'm pretty up to speed with it all (well, as much as I can be at this stage) if you have any questions.

I'm just waiting for my invitation to the Selection Day in London and then I might be going in 5 and a half months' time!

Are you thinking of doing it?
Reply 4
Original post by shadowdweller
Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

Are you thinking of volunteering with them?

If you don't get any more answers to this soon, feel free to quote me in again, and I'll see what I can do :biggrin:

Yeah I am thinking of applying there for this summer.
Reply 5
Original post by biofrance
Hi! I've just completed my application for ICS and had a phone call from someone who works for the team so I'm pretty up to speed with it all (well, as much as I can be at this stage) if you have any questions.

I'm just waiting for my invitation to the Selection Day in London and then I might be going in 5 and a half months' time!

Are you thinking of doing it?

Hi.. YES I AM thinking of applying. Should I? Is there a price to pay for travelling? Please explain the process. Thank you.
Hi.. YES I AM thinking of applying. Should I? Is there a price to pay for travelling? Please explain the process. Thank you.

Hi,

It is pretty much government-funded. They pay for all your travel costs, visas, vaccines... Absolutely everything.
The only money you have to provide is £800 (or less, depending on household earnings) and everyone does that by fundraising. The ICS team support you with the fundraising and give you tips.

The application process:
- application form online
- possibly receive a phone call from ICS who will explain the process and answer your questions
- go to a Selection Day in London (they pay for your travel expenses) where you do some teamwork games/exercises/tasks and have a 1-to-1 interview
- if you get accepted, you will be told where you will be going (e.g. Tanzania, Nepal, Uganda, Kenya, etc.)
- preparation days and fundraising
- 10-12 weeks abroad
- some meetings and events after you get back to the UK
- The End!

Any more questions, I'll be happy to answer.
Reply 7
Original post by biofrance
Hi,

It is pretty much government-funded. They pay for all your travel costs, visas, vaccines... Absolutely everything.
The only money you have to provide is £800 (or less, depending on household earnings) and everyone does that by fundraising. The ICS team support you with the fundraising and give you tips.

The application process:
- application form online
- possibly receive a phone call from ICS who will explain the process and answer your questions
- go to a Selection Day in London (they pay for your travel expenses) where you do some teamwork games/exercises/tasks and have a 1-to-1 interview
- if you get accepted, you will be told where you will be going (e.g. Tanzania, Nepal, Uganda, Kenya, etc.)
- preparation days and fundraising
- 10-12 weeks abroad
- some meetings and events after you get back to the UK
- The End!

Any more questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Oh my god. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending