Pompousannoyed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really appalled by SFE and how poorly it seems to run, even more so that it doesn't seem to have oiled the cogs and learnt from the many complaints from the years previous.

I applied in May. For some reason evidence was not processed and the account was closed, however had they notified me that my evidence had not been recieved I might have been able to salvage my account.

Reapied, once I had mustered copies of documents. Both times I have applied nothing happened with my account.
Evidence was recieved weeks ago, yet I had to chase this numerous times. I was then given a completion date of early October.
This changed last week to today, he told me that he had spoke to relevant departments and assured me that my account would be assessed today.

Today I called as no update online, the online account that is never updated yet I am told to keep logging on and look!
When I spoke to an advisor he told me there was no record of my call last week or me havi g been told of today's date and that I needed to wait until next Wednesday, when it would definitely be done.
When I asked to complain, I was put on hold and eventually the person returned to the call saying that his supervisor didn't want to speak to me unless I was going to make a complaint and not just repeat myself.
Customer service at its finest.

It is not good enough, I am a lone parent and unable to sort out any of my other financial support until I have a fees breakdown. It all just seems utterly convoluted and quite disheartening to be at rock bottom before even starting a course that is supposed to be brightening my future.
I have contacted my local MP and have written a complaint but I wonder if anyone else has any experience.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pompousannoyed)
I am really appalled by SFE and how poorly it seems to run, even more so that it doesn't seem to have oiled the cogs and learnt from the many complaints from the years previous.

I applied in May. For some reason evidence was not processed and the account was closed, however had they notified me that my evidence had not been recieved I might have been able to salvage my account.

Reapied, once I had mustered copies of documents. Both times I have applied nothing happened with my account.
Evidence was recieved weeks ago, yet I had to chase this numerous times. I was then given a completion date of early October.
This changed last week to today, he told me that he had spoke to relevant departments and assured me that my account would be assessed today.

Today I called as no update online, the online account that is never updated yet I am told to keep logging on and look!
When I spoke to an advisor he told me there was no record of my call last week or me havi g been told of today's date and that I needed to wait until next Wednesday, when it would definitely be done.
When I asked to complain, I was put on hold and eventually the person returned to the call saying that his supervisor didn't want to speak to me unless I was going to make a complaint and not just repeat myself.
Customer service at its finest.

It is not good enough, I am a lone parent and unable to sort out any of my other financial support until I have a fees breakdown. It all just seems utterly convoluted and quite disheartening to be at rock bottom before even starting a course that is supposed to be brightening my future.
I have contacted my local MP and have written a complaint but I wonder if anyone else has any experience.
What do you mean by a fees breakdown?
Yes you will have to follow their formal complaint procedure.
Pompousannoyed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sorry, not fees. I break down of the Loan and what grant I am entitled to, including any parents learning allowance etc.

I know that I will have to follow the complaints procedure, I was just wondering if anyone else had done this and whether or not it was a route worth going down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
24.26%
No (178)
75.74%

Watched Threads