The Student Room Group

What A-level subject should I do?

Hi!
I'm currently in the first few weeks of year 12 and I want to change my subjects. At the moment I am studying maths, art and french but I want to swap maths for another subject. I want to do either french or art at uni so I have no idea what other subject to pick. I am finding maths quite difficult already and I know that I wont be able to get the best grade. I don't know if I should choose economics or psychology as I am interested in both. If you have any advice that would be really helpful because i am very confused xD
I think economics has maths in it but I don’t know how they apply it and psychology you learn the content and case studies then in test, you apply it in essay form.
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
I think economics has maths in it but I don’t know how they apply it and psychology you learn the content and case studies then in test, you apply it in essay form.

see this is one of the many things conflicting me. Do you know which one is seen as better by universities?
Original post by jamia029
see this is one of the many things conflicting me. Do you know which one is seen as better by universities?

I would assume psychology but I really don’t know. It depends on what course and I don’t have any info about the courses you want to take
Reply 4
Talk to your sixth form or college as it isn't too late to change. You could try swapping Maths for both subjects and taking four if your sixth form/college allow it then dropping one when you've studied both for a while and are certain.

Quick Reply

Latest