The Student Room Group

need help

so im in year 13 with a lot on my shoulders and my sister started year 12, she keeps coming to me asking for help and its very very time consuming. i know i might seem selfish but she has 12 hours of study free. i tell her to go to the teachers and ask them for help but she keeps screaming at me. ill take any advice thank you x
Original post by iyigunler
so im in year 13 with a lot on my shoulders and my sister started year 12, she keeps coming to me asking for help and its very very time consuming. i know i might seem selfish but she has 12 hours of study free. i tell her to go to the teachers and ask them for help but she keeps screaming at me. ill take any advice thank you x

Just dont help your sister and she will go away. Although it sounds selfish, you have to work for yourself first.
Original post by iyigunler

She might be too shy / nervous to ask a teacher on her own so maybe if you went with her the first time ( I’m presuming you’re in the same school) she’ll see how easy and beneficial it is to ask for help in school and will do it herself next time.
When at home if she asks maybe say something like I’m sorry I’m a little busy so go and try and figure it out and if you still really don’t get it by for e.g 7pm I’ll take a look - she might get bored of waiting and figure it out on her own in the mean time as she doesn’t have the easy option of asking her older sibling the second she doesn’t get it and this will be more beneficial for both her and you in the long run x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending