have you ever been called ugly by a random stranger and how did you deal? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
have you ever been called ugly by a random stranger and how did you deal?
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.

I shrugged it off and continued with my day
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’ve been called ugly by my mum so I can handle strangers x
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
have you ever been called ugly by a random stranger and how did you deal?
I didn't do anything and just forgot about it, carried on with my day. I don't need to waste my time on what a random stranger thinks.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Yes.

I shrugged it off and continued with my day
i wish i could do that. what they said to me has turned into an obsession, its on my mind all of the time and i keep getting intrusive thoughts like 'you're ugly' all day, which ruins my confidence and my ability to be happy. I suffer from ocd so this could be why
cam9823
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
dont be ugly
orang3juic3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
that person probably would have called anyone out as ugly. i'm sure you were just unlucky to be in his line of sight. also that guy is super pathetic and must have issues of his own
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
I didn't do anything and just forgot about it, carried on with my day. I don't need to waste my time on what a random stranger thinks.
do you not worry it could be true and that everyone else thinks the same? especially if its been said to you more than once...
username2861570
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i wish i could do that. what they said to me has turned into an obsession, its on my mind all of the time and i keep getting intrusive thoughts like 'you're ugly' all day, which ruins my confidence and my ability to be happy. I suffer from ocd so this could be why
I suffer from ocd intrusive thoughts too so I know the feeling. I've come to realise that the voice in my head isn't really me. I mean think about it, where does it come from? Once I realised this it lost it's power over me.

Hope you manage to overcome the thoughts
Hitman9,11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Beta
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.

If you did that pretty ****ed up. If someone said it to me I'd rinse em. If it was a passing comment, I'd probs be like "what?" Lol
mabinty bangura
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yh someone asked this kid if this girl was pretty and he said yes and they turned to me and asked him if i was ugly and he said "a little bit" and started laughing and a girl whispered "he isnt lying"
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yep plenty of times. Been laughed at, told i look like a man (on more than one occasion), had FATT!! yelled at me, been told i look like a dog and other incidents i cant remember
Don't know how i deal with it other than accept it's true
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Yep plenty of times. Been laughed at, told i look like a man (on more than one occasion), had FATT!! yelled at me, been told i look like a dog and other incidents i cant remember
Don't know how i deal with it other than accept it's true
****ty that you feel this way about yourself. I'm sorry people are such ***** as well, I really do think it says a lot about a person if they feel the need to go out of their way to make a stranger feel bad about themselves. Utter scum.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
do you not worry it could be true and that everyone else thinks the same? especially if its been said to you more than once...
Don't think about it too much - it is just one or two strangers' words. Surround yourself with people who do care about you and treat you well. Don't let this affect your confidence.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Precious Illusions)
****ty that you feel this way about yourself. I'm sorry people are such ***** as well, I really do think it says a lot about a person if they feel the need to go out of their way to make a stranger feel bad about themselves. Utter scum.
I can't imagine anybody ever calling *you* ugly. So please tell me you're not talking from experience.
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's how my mum says bye to me every time I step out the door
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
Don't think about it too much - it is just one or two strangers' words. Surround yourself with people who do care about you and treat you well. Don't let this affect your confidence.
i was always called ugly in school, .. so this made me think i must really be ugly.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Did once or twice when I was a teenager when I wasn't very good looking, teenage girls can be b****es. A few super-hot popular girls at school used to tease me as well cause they knew I knew they were way out of my league and were just out to embarrass me in front of people. Got my own back eventually though when I got older and better looking, got a few f*** 'n' chucks outta those sIags after catching up with them on Facebook
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Been called unfashionable by a stranger. I replied why... thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
7.08%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.27%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.81%
It might lead to more bullying (39)
34.51%
There's nothing they could do (32)
28.32%

Watched Threads