nwar99
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am currently doing a HNC and am applying for Midwifery September 2020 entry.

My partner and I have always planned to buy our first house by Spring 2020 (on plan to make this happen) and try for a baby from June 2020 onwards - this would mean that I would be pregnant all throughout my first year of uni to give birth probably around April-June time! (I am aware it doesn’t always go to plan)

Has anyone done this and is it doable? My partner has a good wage and works from home but I worry about what I would get for maternity leave? I currently work in a care home but will need to go on bank/take unpaid time off when I start my degree I am guessing 🤔 Will I get a special maternity bursary or something?

Also do you think if I had a baby by June 2021 I would be fine to start that September for year 2?

Also to note I will need surgery in order to get my coil out 🤣 I can’t see this being an issue but will obviously need to try for a baby in the next year or leave it for a few years.

Sorry for the ramble I sound so stupid!
Last edited by nwar99; 1 year ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nwar99)
I am currently doing a HNC and am applying for Midwifery September 2020 entry.

My partner and I have always planned to buy our first house by Spring 2020 (on plan to make this happen) and try for a baby from June 2020 onwards - this would mean that I would be pregnant all throughout my first year of uni to give birth probably around April-June time! (I am aware it doesn’t always go to plan)

Has anyone done this and is it doable? My partner has a good wage and works from home but I worry about what I would get for maternity leave? I currently work in a care home but will need to go on bank/take unpaid time off when I start my degree I am guessing 🤔 Will I get a special maternity bursary or something?

Also do you think if I had a baby by June 2021 I would be fine to start that September for year 2?

Also to note I will need surgery in order to get my coil out 🤣 I can’t see this being an issue but will obviously need to try for a baby in the next year or leave it for a few years.

Sorry for the ramble I sound so stupid!
i haven't done it but i would do a full budget off the cost of the mortgage off just your partners income as student finance don't give anything on maternity at all and you would need 26 weeks in the 66 weeks of working before the baby is born to get maternity allowance.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not while the lecturer is watching.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.76%
England (141)
34.64%
Belgium (30)
7.37%
Germany (41)
10.07%
Spain (9)
2.21%