Gone245
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do I have a chance of getting into this year 12 thing for law with 9887777666 at GCSE
Kotrii10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it certainly won't hurt to try,you've got nothing to lose and only to gain. Always look at the website btw
http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/criteria
Gone245
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kotrii10)
it certainly won't hurt to try,you've got nothing to lose and only to gain. Always look at the website btw
http://www.uniq.ox.ac.uk/criteria
I’ve looked they place emphasis on 7-9 grades and I have a few of those so I might have a chance
Kotrii10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Gone245)
I’ve looked they place emphasis on 7-9 grades and I have a few of those so I might have a chance
yeah they do, but it doesn't say they dont accept lower. Honestly, just have a go. Like I said you've got nothing to lose
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kotrii10)
yeah they do, but it doesn't say they dont accept lower. Honestly, just have a go. Like I said you've got nothing to lose
We would agree - check the criteria in the link that Korrii10 provides and if there is a match, apply.
Martins1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Remember they also take POLAR, ACORN and other circumstances into account. You should definitely give it a shot, but it is competitive. (This year they took 1350 students out of ~6000 applicants)

They also have an online scheme for many students who don't get onto the week itself. The whole point of the scheme is to encourage people to apply, so I would definitely encourage you to apply for the scheme - and also remember that even if you don't get onto the scheme, you can (and, if you want to, you should) still apply to Oxford. I worked on the scheme this year helping to run it and everyone who does it finds it extremely enjoyable and beneficial, even if to affirm that they do/don't want to apply to Oxford.

Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed