am78910
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am only in Year 12 and i know how important BMAT is but do you think there is any point in me applying for Cambridge or Oxford Medicine next year.
I got
9 Maths
9 Biology
9 Chemistry
9 Physics
9 History
9 French
9 Geography
A* Further Maths
A* HPQ
7 Eng Lit
7 IT
6 Eng Lang
B Astronomy
Last edited by am78910; 1 month ago
JakeTSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you just post these to flex your results?
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by am78910)
I am only in Year 12 and i know how important BMAT is but do you think there is any point in me applying for Cambridge or Oxford Medicine next year.
I got
9 Maths
9 Biology
9 Chemistry
9 Physics
9 History
9 French
9 Geography
A* Further Maths
A* HPQ
7 Eng Lit
7 IT
6 Eng Lang
B Astronomy
No, everyone knows you’ll only get into Oxbridge medicine if you have 31 A*s at GCSE and 40 years of medicine experience as a surgeon. Also, make sure you have a piece of the moon as an offering, else you obviously haven’t tried hard enough
Sososnake
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got
9 Maths
9 Biology
9 Chemistry
9 Physics
9 History
9 French
9 Geography
A* Further Maths
A* HPQ
7 Eng Lit
7 IT
6 Eng Lang
B Astronomy
Below average for oxford so you’d have to get a very good bmat
am78910
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student040803)
Did you just post these to flex your results?
No I am genuinely just asking sorry if it seems that way. I thought a lot of people applying to study Medicine at Cambridge and Oxford have all 9s across the board
DGeorge13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got
9 Maths
9 Biology
9 Chemistry
9 Physics
9 History
9 French
9 Geography
A* Further Maths
A* HPQ
7 Eng Lit
7 IT
6 Eng Lang
B Astronomy
As Sososnakesaid both your number and proportions of a* are below average for Oxford but fine for Cambridge and then there’s also bmat- personally I would say Cambridge is more likely if you get a*a*a predictions and also would allow you to do the first bmat meaning you wouldn’t be applying blindly
am78910
Rep:
?
(Original post by DGeorge13)
As Sososnakesaid both your number and proportions of a* are below average for Oxford but fine for Cambridge and then there’s also bmat- personally I would say Cambridge is more likely if you get a*a*a predictions and also would allow you to do the first bmat meaning you wouldn’t be applying blindly
Thanks for your help
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what about 12 A*s and 3 As?
DGeorge13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mpaprika)
what about 12 A*s and 3 As?
You have above average number for Oxford but below average proportions but from your gyg you have extenuating circumstances don’t you? Also, Cambridge would be fine
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I am genuinely just asking sorry if it seems that way. I thought a lot of people applying to study Medicine at Cambridge and Oxford have all 9s across the board
Some people post even though they have no idea what they're talking about - just ignore them.

The relevant stats for Oxford are here. You'd need a very good BMAT. Cambridge looks at GCSE less and is much less competitive anyway and you could apply there if you want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads