Why do female teachers seem to take more time off than male teachers do? Watch

Downgrade
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it because of illness brought on by 'woman problems' such being on their period?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Downgrade)
Is it because of illness brought on by 'woman problems' such being on their period?
What are you basing this on? Have you kept records of all female and male teachers?
Why not stand by the staffroom door and ask them or hand out questionnaires?
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
having babies?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they do it's more likely that they've a sick child to take care of and no one to watch them.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
All of the above... truth be known.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
All of the above... truth be known.
Is it? I never noticed any leaves from teachers..most of my teachers were female lol if they left...there'd be no school
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Is it? I never noticed any leaves from teachers..most of my teachers were female lol if they left...there'd be no school
Er... we call that primary school here. The teachers become predominantly more male as you proceed to the higher levels.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Er... we call that primary school here. The teachers become predominantly more male as you proceed to the higher levels.
Don't be rude. Not with me.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't be rude. Not with me.
Nothing was further from my mind... I defended you to the hilt as you may recall.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nothing was further from my mind... I defended you to the hilt as you may recall.
Yeah....
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah....
Cheeky...I organised the bandwagon which leapt in your defence.
Scoro
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have a male teacher whos 90% of the time not in school and we have to skype call him most of the time
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
:lol:

Completely agree with this!

I actually didn't have a single male teacher in either nursery or primary school and literally had like a handful of male teachers in high school among 30+ female teachers. :rambo:
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Really? I feel like this might be more of a case at university? At high school/sixth form, I only had female teachers (apart from a handful of male ones). The same could also be said for a few neighbouring high schools (which I went to for a subject or two in my final years at school).

It could also depend on the area? I feel like quite a lot of private schools in Edinburgh have more male teachers but I'm not 100% certain.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
:lol:

Completely agree with this!

I actually didn't have a single male teacher in either nursery or primary school and literally had like a handful of male teachers in high school among 30+ female teachers. :rambo:
Same idk why
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Cheeky twat... I organised the bandwagon which leapt in your defence.
I guess. One of the other ppl Seamus..I think they passed away. She was 70s.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I guess. One of the other ppl Seamus..I think they passed away. She was 70s.
Sorry to hear that... we all respected you and your right to free speech. Seamus is a man's name btw, Irish for James.
Last edited by Vinny C; 4 weeks ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry to hear that... we all respected you and your right to free speech. Seamus is a Man's name btw, Irish for James.
I know. The tsr user seamus1234...they passed away but it was a grandmother..in her 70s. Isn't it a strange feeling...
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Really? I feel like this might be more of a case at university? At high school/sixth form, I only had female teachers (apart from a handful of male ones). The same could also be said for a few neighbouring high schools (which I went to for a subject or two in my final years at school).

It could also depend on the area? I feel like quite a lot of private schools in Edinburgh have more male teachers but I'm not 100% certain.
So a bunch of women are now expected to handle the chaos of 11-18 yr olds? I think I have just discovered the cause of our social malaise. I work at youth clubs in a deprived area... put that knife away or I might cry does not really work.
Last edited by Vinny C; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads