stress11
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Has anyone done this course and would you recommend it? Preferably anyone that’s gone to Manchester uni? Are there any a levels that are recommended to take?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want to actually practice Law, make sure that any joint subject degree is still 'LLB'. If you don't - and you want to go into other legal/justice work or something entirely different, this isnt quite so important but you might still want to leave your options open.

Any joint subject degree will restrict the Law or Crim modules you can do because of timetable issues. Think carefully about this - you could miss out on the areas of Law you really want to do.

Uni courses will specify the A level subjects they want (look at the course page on their website). Law is unusual and most Uni wont ask for any specific subjects - its an intellectual and highly academic subject and what they want is evidence of academic ability rather than subject skills. You could be doing 3 science subjects and with high grades still get an offer. So, if you are choosing subjects go for the subjects where you feel most confident of getting high grades. However, most people find an essay-based subject helpful once they start their degree - politics, sociology, history etc etc - and the subject matter has relevance to Law.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed