sleep paralysis and dreams Watch

Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i keep getting nightmares combined with sleep paralysis lately. it's the worst combination ever. sometimes i experience sleep paralysis even WITHIN my dreams and it's the worst thing ever. often when i wake up, after getting hurt in my dream, the pain feels real, too. as if it really happened.
anyone else had an unusual sleep paralysis experience?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel you :console:
Have nightmares every night and although i dont get sleep paralysis i get hypnagogic hallucinations so i feel you on these strange phenomenons
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
I feel you :console:
Have nightmares every night and although i dont get sleep paralysis i get hypnagogic hallucinations so i feel you on these strange phenomenons
oh, so you see things, but you can still move etc.?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes... had it often but it was actually the onset of chronic apnoea. Regularly woke up unable to breathe.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinny C)
Yes... had it often but it was actually the onset of chronic apnoea. Regularly woke up unable to breathe.
hmm, i don't think that's related to sleep paralysis, tho. sleep paralysis is when you hallucinate and can't move.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
oh, so you see things, but you can still move etc.?
Hear things mostly, sometimes see them as well
It's kind of hard to explain really, like i guess i could move if i really forced myself to which does often happen as the sounds scare me awake a lot, But it kind of feels like those first few moments when you are starting to wake up but arent fully conscious?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
hmm, i don't think that's related to sleep paralysis, tho. sleep paralysis is when you hallucinate and can't move.
No... it's when you wake up and can't move. Face down in the pillow and suffocating in my case...
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Hear things mostly, sometimes see them as well
It's kind of hard to explain really, like i guess i could move if i really forced myself to which does often happen as the sounds scare me awake a lot, But it kind of feels like those first few moments when you are starting to wake up but arent fully conscious?
ahh, i get it
Ciel.
Rep:
?
No... it's when you wake up and can't move. Face down in the pillow and suffocating in my case...
and hallucinate. in many cases.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
and hallucinate. in many cases.
Generally because you are waking up from a dream... you're still half in dream state
Ciel.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel..)
So? :gah:
shoo
Generally because you are waking up from a dream... you're still half in dream state
yeah. strangely it can happen within a dream too.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
shoo

yeah. strangely it can happen within a dream too.
I know... ever had a false awakening? Where you think you've woken up but you're still dreaming... scary.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
I know... ever had a false awakening? Where you think you've woken up but you're still dreaming... scary.
yeah, it's annoying af. my sleep cycles are all messed up from my sleep meds.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
yeah, it's annoying af. my sleep cycles are all messed up from my sleep meds.
Exactly... the lines become blurred. The meds are not the problem... the brain is! Could be far worse... schizophrenia for example.
Max Battery
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I've had those sort of dreams quite a few times, but often find them disappointing more than anything, the false awakening will often be in a bedroom located within a large, luxury detached house, and the real awakening ends up being depressing as a result. :sad: :sigh:
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Exactly... the lines become blurred. The meds are not the problem... the brain is! Could be far worse... schizophrenia for example.
i'm pretty sure they are. i don't remember experiencing sleep paralysis when i was a kid. or in my early teens. before going on benzos.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Max Battery)
I've had those sort of dreams quite a few times, but often find them disappointing more than anything, the false awakening will often be in a bedroom located within a large, luxury detached house, and the real awakening ends up being depressing as a result. :sad: :sigh:
Lucky for you... in mine you wake up from a nightmare and go phew, it was only a dream. Then it continues...
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
i'm pretty sure they are. i don't remember experiencing sleep paralysis when i was a kid. or in my early teens. before going on benzos.
You! We seem to keep meeting. In schitzo you become unable to distinguish between what you experience and what you imagine. Dangerous turf!
Ciel.
Rep:
?
You! We seem to keep meeting. In schitzo you become unable to distinguish between what you experience and what you imagine. Dangerous turf!
and you are telling me this because...?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
and you are telling me this because...?
Because they are all related. The loss of hard barriers between mental states... reality, dreams and imagination.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads