How to get A' and B's in under a year from a U Watch

Fitim0161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I did maths geography and engineering for AS and got a U in geography and maths and a D in engineering which is horrible but i did no work at all so i deserved to fail. However im doing a level geo and engineering this year and maths AS again but im struggling on how to revise. Im willing to put in the time but im stressed out that ima just fail again does anyone have any tips on going from Us and ds to Bs and As
maybe-this-time
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Going from Us and Ds to As and Bs is hard but it's doable. First of all, this year actually do some work. Make a simple revision timetable and stick to it!! Carve out a few hours a week, either in free periods or at home, for each subject where you can do revision, not set homework. For example, in you Monday free revise geography. On Tuesday revise maths. On Wednesday revise engineering. Etc. Revising topics throughout the year will make revision when it comes to exam time much easier. Just two hours a week can make all the difference. Practice papers are also your friend. When I did A Level Maths I liked to work through practice papers with the answers along side. Whenever I got really stuck, I could look at the answers and see what I was supposed to do. Practice papers are really helpful because they teach you how questions will be worded and what to look out for. Good luck!
Fitim0161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maybe-this-time)
Going from Us and Ds to As and Bs is hard but it's doable. First of all, this year actually do some work. Make a simple revision timetable and stick to it!! Carve out a few hours a week, either in free periods or at home, for each subject where you can do revision, not set homework. For example, in you Monday free revise geography. On Tuesday revise maths. On Wednesday revise engineering. Etc. Revising topics throughout the year will make revision when it comes to exam time much easier. Just two hours a week can make all the difference. Practice papers are also your friend. When I did A Level Maths I liked to work through practice papers with the answers along side. Whenever I got really stuck, I could look at the answers and see what I was supposed to do. Practice papers are really helpful because they teach you how questions will be worded and what to look out for. Good luck!
For maths do you think i should do every question in the a level maths book or do you think that's a waste of time and i should just try do the hard questions / exam question?? Also thanks for the reply the revision time table is made and i revise in all my free periods.
maybe-this-time
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Fitim0161)
For maths do you think i should do every question in the a level maths book or do you think that's a waste of time and i should just try do the hard questions / exam question?? Also thanks for the reply the revision time table is made and i revise in all my free periods.
Well done on making the revision plan!
I mean you could work your way through the a level maths book and do every question, doing at least a few questions on each subject would certainly help but I don’t think you need to do every question. I personally think past papers are more beneficial because they give you such a range of questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads