Agents of SHIELD. Watch it.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by math42)
<-----------
Mate is Bojack Horseman any good? Like what's it about? Genre?
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
Mate is Bojack Horseman any good? Like what's it about? Genre?
I don't think its appeal is universal, but it's a critical darling and I personally love it. It's marketed as a comedy but it's usually more witty than it is laugh-out-loud; really its strengths lie in the dramatic moments. A good succinct way I like to describe it is The Simpsons meets Mad Men. As for plot, the titular character is a former star of a low-brow sitcom reminiscent of Full House. He's a cynical, depressed, alcoholic *******, and we start off with him trying to regain relevancy by writing his memoirs. Unlike most animated shows there is a long-running narrative with extremely tight continuity, so, in contrast to the many similar sitcom *******s, BoJack suffers many dark consequences for his behaviour. Like a lot of anti-heroes he remains easy to root for despite being pretty contemptible, and ultimately the show is about him trying and often failing to find happiness and become a better person.

I would say that the show doesn't really start gathering momentum until about halfway through the first season. I wouldn't consider it a slog at the early stage but I know some people do. But by episode 8 it becomes clear what it's going for.
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
House MD
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't think its appeal is universal, but it's a critical darling and I personally love it. It's marketed as a comedy but it's usually more witty than it is laugh-out-loud; really its strengths lie in the dramatic moments. A good succinct way I like to describe it is The Simpsons meets Mad Men. As for plot, the titular character is a former star of a low-brow sitcom reminiscent of Full House. He's a cynical, depressed, alcoholic *******, and we start off with him trying to regain relevancy by writing his memoirs. Unlike most animated shows there is a long-running narrative with extremely tight continuity, so, in contrast to the many similar sitcom *******s, BoJack suffers many dark consequences for his behaviour. Like a lot of anti-heroes he remains easy to root for despite being pretty contemptible, and ultimately the show is about him trying and often failing to find happiness and become a better person.

I would say that the show doesn't really start gathering momentum until about halfway through the first season. I wouldn't consider it a slog at the early stage but I know some people do. But by episode 8 it becomes clear what it's going for.
Didn't expect the paragraph lol. Appreciate it tho! Maybe's it's something I'll check out then. Cheers! :cute:
swaters6761
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Horrid henry
Roha125
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Depends time to time.
Game of thrones if they made a great ending (i liked it anyway but it was less than expectation)
Daredevil if I could see the end

Breaking Bad,Sherlock could be one.

Reading others replies,mate i gotta start watching some sitcoms
Last edited by Roha125; 4 weeks ago
username4957204
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
university challenge
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
<-----------
Bojack Horseman is one of my favorite TV shows at the moment too. I appreciate that this cartoon series approaches depression in a blunt way as it is.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have several.
But i think george and mildred would have to be my complete favourite.
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES !! BRITISH CLASSIC

And

MIND YOUR LANGUAGE !! its an old British comedy tv series that jokes about the British language . It sounds boring but that because I'm not promoting it right 😂.PLEASE WHOEVER SEES THIS DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT. ITS A HIGHLY UNDERRATED GOLD
biggyK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A league of their own/8 out of 10 cats
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
catchphrase
ed_ten_72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The Sopranos.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.1%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.67%
It might lead to more bullying (72)
36.36%
There's nothing they could do (59)
29.8%

Watched Threads