The Student Room Group

How long to universities take to acknowledge applications?

I know not all universities will send acknowledgements, but my last UCAS application saw 5 acknowledgements within the next day. I applied 4/5 days ago and have only had one. I have applied for; Glasgow, Edinburgh, St Andrews, St Georges UoL and Manchester. How long did you wait?
I applied 10 days ago to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Heriot-Watt, Aberdeen and Glasgow. I got acknowledgements for Glasgow and Heriot-Watt the same day, but nothing from the rest
I got all my offers within two weeks, when I applied last year, because I did it quite early.
Original post by OR321
I got all my offers within two weeks, when I applied last year, because I did it quite early.

Where did you apply btw?
Original post by Mirai609
Where did you apply btw?

Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Aberdeen. (did two at Manchester)
Original post by OR321
Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Aberdeen. (did two at Manchester)

Aberdeen offered you a place after two weeks? That's really cool! I thought Scottish universities usually waited around until January/February to give out offers
I applied 10 days ago to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Heriot-Watt, Aberdeen and Glasgow. I got acknowledgements for Glasgow and Heriot-Watt the same day, but nothing from the rest

My last university application (2017) was the same, I got really quick offer from Glasgow and Strathclyde. Glasgow haven't even acknowledged me yet, only St Andrews. I guess it pretty much depends on the place. I've started a fastest and slowest forum for 2020 you should join x
Original post by OR321

I've applied for medicine, so it might be a little different. Were the acknowledgements long in coming in?
Aberdeen offered you a place after two weeks? That's really cool! I thought Scottish universities usually waited around until January/February to give out offers

Yeah, they did take the longest out of all the other unis though
Original post by blue.stripes
I've applied for medicine, so it might be a little different. Were the acknowledgements long in coming in?

The acknowledgments were in a few days. My Liverpool came in one day. THis is for accounting

I got an offer from Glasgow a day after I applied last year. In general, however, Scottish universities rip the p*ss with how long they take.
Original post by OR321
The acknowledgments were in a few days. My Liverpool came in one day. THis is for accounting

That could be it. Hopefully Manchester don't take too long. St Andrews was the same for me, less than one day
If you apply early then you’ll often have to wait until universities complete the previous application cycle before they can start processing applications for this year. That can take until mid/end October in some cases.

Quick Reply

Latest