AQA sociology how do you get good at 10 marker outline and explain questions? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Title. This is A level by the way. Any advice appreciated. I realised I am having issues sometimes understanding the question because it’s linking one part of the specification to another. We did do it at AS but AS is facts and A2 is more about applying knowledge which is what I need help with for the outline and explain questions. Thanks
LoisClayton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I like to use PEELE/PEEEL. Make the point, explain the point and then add the study and sociologist for that subject. Evaluate it by adding criticisms from other sociologists and, if you can't remember their names, use the perspective instead. Link throughout by using the question's vocabulary
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LoisClayton)
I like to use PEELE/PEEEL. Make the point, explain the point and then add the study and sociologist for that subject. Evaluate it by adding criticisms from other sociologists and, if you can't remember their names, use the perspective instead. Link throughout by using the question's vocabulary
Are you currently an A2 student? Does it help you write answers that fit in the top band?

I like to try and think on my feet first, and if I can’t then I think about sociologists and what they argue then criticise but I found I struggle with my technique sometimes.

Can you write me an example answer like say with outline and explain 2 government policies that affect family structure?
LoisClayton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am currently a yr 13 A Level student. Here is an example answer:One government policy that affects family structure is through the 1969 Divorce Act. This changed family structure as it allowed relationships that had broken down to be able to split, allowing reconstituted and step families which could occur after the initial divorce was over and the ex-spouces re-married. Through allowing divorce to become easier through this act, women could now divorce easily, giving them more freedom, as feminists would argue. This ties into Chambers's Individualisation Thesis where families could split and both spouces could leave when the relationship no longer fulfilled their means, allowing for a more free but less stable society. However, other postmodernists such as Smart doesn't believe that this can always happen as there are ties that keep you to a family such as custody of children, showing her Connectiveness Thesis. However, through this, step families can still occur. New Right sociologists such as Murray would see dissagree with this policy as it undermines marriage and causes society to drift from the norm nuclear family and taht family structure should not be changed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads