?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For chem bio psy -year 12
AliceV_647
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Those are the exact A levels that I've just done!

For bio and chem, the best advice is to do practice questions as revision - some really good websites for these are physicsandmathstutor and mathsmadeeasy - I mostly used them for chem questions but I think they both do bio ones too. Also, don't be overwhelmed if things seem really hard at first - chem is hard but then pretty much stays at the same difficulty for the two years, and while there's a significant jump between year 12 and year 13 bio it's still smaller than the GCSE to A level jump (well it was for me anyway, but idk what the new GCSEs are like!).

For psych, I revised by just learning the outline and evaluation points for every mini topic. Practice essays are good to do (my teacher made us write one every week for homework). The way I learnt facts and eval was by looking at a double page spread of the textbook, then closing it and writing everything I could remember on a whiteboard before looking at the textbook again and adding things in in a different coloured pen. I then repeated that over and over again for all the topics.

That's just some general advice - please feel free to ask me any specific questions though, as I said I've literally just completed the exact same A levels so it's all still fresh in my mind!
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by AliceV_647)
Those are the exact A levels that I've just done!

For bio and chem, the best advice is to do practice questions as revision - some really good websites for these are physicsandmathstutor and mathsmadeeasy - I mostly used them for chem questions but I think they both do bio ones too. Also, don't be overwhelmed if things seem really hard at first - chem is hard but then pretty much stays at the same difficulty for the two years, and while there's a significant jump between year 12 and year 13 bio it's still smaller than the GCSE to A level jump (well it was for me anyway, but idk what the new GCSEs are like!).

For psych, I revised by just learning the outline and evaluation points for every mini topic. Practice essays are good to do (my teacher made us write one every week for homework). The way I learnt facts and eval was by looking at a double page spread of the textbook, then closing it and writing everything I could remember on a whiteboard before looking at the textbook again and adding things in in a different coloured pen. I then repeated that over and over again for all the topics.

That's just some general advice - please feel free to ask me any specific questions though, as I said I've literally just completed the exact same A levels so it's all still fresh in my mind!
Thank you!!! If you dont mind me asking- what grades did you recieve and what your hoping to do in the future?? Good luck🍀
AliceV_647
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Thank you!!! If you dont mind me asking- what grades did you recieve and what your hoping to do in the future?? Good luck🍀
I got A*s in bio and psych, and an A in chem - I'm going to Oxford uni this year to study experimental psychology and thank you!
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
I got A*s in bio and psych, and an A in chem - I'm going to Oxford uni this year to study experimental psychology and thank you!
Ohhh good luck and well done🙂
AliceV_647
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Ohhh good luck and well done🙂
Thank you and good luck to you too! (also if you ever want to ask anything about A levels please don't hesitate to message me!)
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Thank you and good luck to you too! (also if you ever want to ask anything about A levels please don't hesitate to message me!)
Thank you ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (14)
6.57%
They might tell the bully (22)
10.33%
I don't think they'd understand (36)
16.9%
It might lead to more bullying (74)
34.74%
There's nothing they could do (67)
31.46%

Watched Threads