Just a passer-by
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I am studying Accounting & finance and I am aiming to get a first in my degree, I know it is very difficult but I am willing to put in the hardwork necessary to get it.

Has any one got tips on how I could achieve this goal?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Just a passer-by)
Hi guys,

I am studying Accounting & finance and I am aiming to get a first in my degree, I know it is very difficult but I am willing to put in the hardwork necessary to get it.

Has any one got tips on how I could achieve this goal?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Hey!

I'm a 2nd year Finance and Economics student at Lancaster University.

I would say that with any degree its about prioritising - knowing when you really need to get your head down and when you can afford to have social time.

Time management is vital - if you have a few hours between lectures, don't go back to your room - you will waste your time away with Netflix - instead head to the library and do some tutorial work or revision. I personally make sure that my tutorial work is all done before I head out for a night out on a Wednesday (that's our student night in Lancaster).

Set yourself boundaries: for example I find out when my exams/tests are throughout the year and set myself deadlines for 'last nights out' before each exam period. I want stress that you don't have to drink at university - I'm just using nights out as an example of a social event!

Sports, working out and healthy eating can also be really good for your mental health so try to live a healthy lifestyle as best you can - the scan be hard as a student but at least try! Being in a good mental state will help you go further in your studies.

Finally, I would say don't be scared to ask for help - lecturers and tutors want you to do well, so ask them for help if you need it! Many universities also put on additional clinics - for example here at Lancaster Uni we have MASH (Maths And Science Help) clinics that can help you with any mathematical issues you may have with accounting and finance. I have even attended essay writing clinics; these are brilliant as they help trouble shoot problems with previous essays to help you Geta higher grade in the next!

Hope this was all helpful!

Charlie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.56%
I'm not sure (46)
4.38%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.69%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (513)
48.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed