dismissed from DMU

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
would like some help with this, just found out been dismissed from my course by the admin ft department, becasue i couldnt log on my black board, all finance is in place got my letter last week, nothing offically at all.from uni to say been dismissed??? need help dont wont to leave Uni...
komaldeepx
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
would like some help with this, just found out been dismissed from my course by the admin ft department, becasue i couldnt log on my black board, all finance is in place got my letter last week, nothing offically at all.from uni to say been dismissed??? need help dont wont to leave Uni...
Call them ASAP or go in person to meet someone who can help
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Would like to speak to someone but very difficult to Get through and when I do it’s like well not much we can do..
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

If you are around on campus at the moment I would recommend visiting your faculty ASAP for a face-to-face enquiry about being dismissed. If not I would continue calling the Student Advice Centre for your faculty for an explanation on your dismissal and a possible appeal if that can be done.

I'm sorry you're in this situation. I hope this advice helps and let me know if you need anything else.

- Niamh
A2_gully
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What happened and what did u do, I’m in a similar position, help please.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I got dismissed from dmu today due to my attendance. I am in my third year i never failed a module yet or failed a assignment what shall I do ???
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I got dismissed from dmu today due to my attendance. I am in my third year i never failed a module yet or failed a assignment what shall I do ???
If you had a legitimate reason for all of those absenses that you declared and that has failed to be taken into account then you can probably appeal it, if you didn't declare it then the situation is a bit more precarious, if either one of those applies to your situation, you should get in touch with the SU, however if you just willfully didn't attend for no good reason despite warnings about your attendance then there's very little you can do.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Ye I got a medical condition (I can prove it just need to go gp and get a letter ) and also been tested positive for covid so few weeks I’ve been struggling to attend as I been recovering and also a family emergency happen and I couldn’t even focus properly on university. If I show prove for all this would they help me go back into uni?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I’m in my last year so it even hurts more all the years of hard work just gone like that al the debt aswell for me not to finish university
De Montfort University
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Would like to speak to someone but very difficult to Get through and when I do it’s like well not much we can do..
(Original post by A2_gully)
What happened and what did u do, I’m in a similar position, help please.
Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear this and want to help support you as best as possible. Could you pop us a DM with your details and we can help look into this further for you?

Best wishes,

DMU
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by De Montfort University)
Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear this and want to help support you as best as possible. Could you pop us a DM with your details and we can help look into this further for you?

Best wishes,

DMU
The posts you’re quoting are over 2 years old.
angrypoliceman
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
The posts you’re quoting are over 2 years old.
delete this nephew
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by De Montfort University)
Hi there,

Best wishes,

DMU
As above, you should be directing this to Anon #2, the others posts are years old.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads