what GCSE choices doe make to become a dermatologist

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
I_lovecats
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im supposed to start evaluating my gcse options about the time of year, but i really don't know what to choose!!!!!I was thinking of doing triple science because i kind of want to be a dermatologist ,but my friends say its not worth the effort
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by I_lovecats)
Im supposed to start evaluating my gcse options about the time of year, but i really don't know what to choose!!!!!I was thinking of doing triple science because i kind of want to be a dermatologist ,but my friends say its not worth the effort
To be a dermatologist you need to qualify as a doctor first. Beyond the standard maths/English language/science, there aren't any specific GCSEs you need to take. Pick a range of subjects that interest you - languages are always a good shout. Triple science is good but if it's not available then the double award is fine too.

You can find out more here:

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf

Also, I wouldn't get too fixated on picking a medical specialty at this stage. You're presumably in year 9 at the moment? There's many years to go before you need to make those kind of decisions. Just focus on medicine in general for now
Soul Wavel3ngth
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's great that you're thinking about your future this early. If you really want to be a dermatologist then I'd suggest you pick triple sci as it's literally the same as combined science, the only difference between the two is that triple science has a few topics exclusive to it and you look at specific concepts with a greater depth. Don't stress it too much though as you may end changing your mind in the future.
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by I_lovecats)
A Dermatologist is a Doctor so you will need to do Medicine at University. Just ensure you take Chemistry and Biology and whatever else you are good at. It's a long road to becoming a doctor and its not for everyone so a backup plan may help.
X
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads