The Student Room Group

English Language

Hi I got a 4 in English lit in 2018 and a 3 in English Language. I am in 2nd year of btec business course exploring apprenticeships but I am now concerned I need at least a 4 in English Language. Can this be retaken without Literature if necessary? Please advise
How come your college/sixthform did not make you resit in the first place? Unfortunately you will have to resit as many employers will look at English language grades. It is not necessary to sit lit as language is more fundamental.
Reply 2
Original post by Aaisha8908
How come your college/sixthform did not make you resit in the first place? Unfortunately you will have to resit as many employers will look at English language grades. It is not necessary to sit lit as language is more fundamental.

That's what I am now thinking Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think you actually need a grade 5/6.

Possibly but a 4 was acceptable when I say them ...what if they keep putting pass up...what happens to previous scores!?
Original post by Aaisha8908

You only have to pass once English to not resist it. (either lit or lang) Therefore it's by choice to resit it :smile:
Original post by Ehinch
Hi I got a 4 in English lit in 2018 and a 3 in English Language. I am in 2nd year of btec business course exploring apprenticeships but I am now concerned I need at least a 4 in English Language. Can this be retaken without Literature if necessary? Please advise

You can definitely resit your English language without having to redo your literature as well. Do you know if your sixth form/college does this? (they theoretically should :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest