Never hungry? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Firstly, I know this isn't a fitness forum but please try help anyways.

I'm currently trying to gain weight and I need 3200 calories to do so but I only manage to eat 2400-2700 everyday. I'm basically 1 meal short everyday.

I have a protein shake and a light breakfast at 8am which = 1200 calories.

At work I try to eat a meal with 550 calories+ but I only ever manage to finish a sandwich which is 250 calories (2pm).

After work I eat a light meal 300ish calories as soon as I get home (6pm), then I work out and be starving by the time I drink my last protein shake at 9.30pm.

So my question is why am I not able to fit food into my system for lunch. In the evening i'm about to have 1500 calories within 4 hours. But between breakfast at 8am and lunch at 2pm (6 hours) I can only manage to eat a sandwich.

My Fitbit tells me I only do 1200 steps at work. Is this why? the lack of movement is making me not hungry? When I ask other people how many steps they do each day, it's always 10K+ or some even do over 20-30K.

Luckily at my office we're allowed to work out at the in-office gym in our lunch break. Will getting on the treadmill for 30 mins before I eat make me eat more? Or do I need to do something else because right now I feel physically sick trying to even finish my 2 slice sandwich.
vicvic38
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You'll want to focus on the neglected food groups, such as: the whipped group; the congealed group; and the chocotasic! Be creative! Instead of making sandwiches with bread, use pop tarts! Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon. And remember, you're not sure about something, rub it on a piece of paper: if it turns clear, it's your window to weight gain. Goodbye Everybody!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by vicvic38)
You'll want to focus on the neglected food groups, such as: the whipped group; the congealed group; and the chocotasic! Be creative! Instead of making sandwiches with bread, use pop tarts! Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon. And remember, you're not sure about something, rub it on a piece of paper: if it turns clear, it's your window to weight gain. Goodbye Everybody!
I'll start smoking lard I guess
vicvic38
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll start smoking lard I guess
Did you go to Hollywood upstairs medical college too?
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's probably because you are trying to eat way more than your body actually needs. Why do you need to gain weight? Are you underweight?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
It's probably because you are trying to eat way more than your body actually needs. Why do you need to gain weight? Are you underweight?
Yes i'm underweight. I weigh 65kg but need to weigh 75kg.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes i'm underweight. I weigh 65kg but need to weigh 75kg.
Wow, you must be like 6'5'' then... Try increasing your intake more slowly.
Anonymous #1
I'm 6'2 and if I don't eat at least 2500 calories a day. I lose weight. I stopped having my protein shakes and only had 4 meals a day which is as many as I could have for six months and I ended up losing 4kg. So I definitely need my protein shakes for 1600 calories a day and then I try to eat 3 meals for 550 calories each but never manage to complete the third meal.

So I have no idea what to do, if I cut out the protein shakes I eat too less and lose weight but if I do have them then I can't even eat 3 meals. It's not a new thing. I've been trying to gain weight for 2 years. At the started I gained 18kg within 9 months but since then only 8kg in 18 months.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well maybe you are just meant to be slim.
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow, you must be like 6'5'' then...
0 iq response

--

op you eat such small amounts you might find it's because your stomach is small. you could make some (healthy) snacks to top up on throughout the day or try to increase you stomach capacity by eating slightly more than you're comfortable with, but without making yourself sick, until you're better
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
0 iq response
I actually estimated based on his weight and presumed BMI, but whatever
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I actually estimated based on his weight and presumed BMI, but whatever
op's weight would be slim but not skinny for an average height male (assuming they are). if they're mostly muscle they'll be using more calories than the average person
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (197)
27.06%
Not great so far... (263)
36.13%
I want to drop out! (137)
18.82%

Watched Threads