^^
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Rosesmith1456)
^^
Revise and study at home and focus in your lessons.

If you miss a lesson it’s vital that you catch up. Even if it seems “boring”. Do you have textbooks? CGP is a good resource to use
Last edited by Hazelly; 4 months ago
FishMeister02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think just to not do revision and just wing it

p.s.jk

Just keep your head up and try to do the best you can
Last edited by FishMeister02; 4 months ago
idk01
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't let teachers tell you that the CGP revision guides aren't good; I heavily relied on them and got an A* this year at a-level. That being said, make sure to do wider reading. Revising will make sure you're prepared and put you up with the top students however if you want to exceed them, find out interesting facts that most people won't know about to include in your case studies as it will stand out to the bored-out-of-their-mind examiner.
Rosesmith1456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Revise and study at home and focus in your lessons.

If you miss a lesson it’s vital that you catch up. Even if it seems “boring”. Do you have textbooks? CGP is a good resource to use
Thank you ! I don’t think there are cgp guides for edexcel geography at a level but is just using the official textbook good enough?
Rosesmith1456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by idk01)
Don't let teachers tell you that the CGP revision guides aren't good; I heavily relied on them and got an A* this year at a-level. That being said, make sure to do wider reading. Revising will make sure you're prepared and put you up with the top students however if you want to exceed them, find out interesting facts that most people won't know about to include in your case studies as it will stand out to the bored-out-of-their-mind examiner.
Thank u! What wider reading books do you recommend for geography (preferably physical)?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank you ! I don’t think there are cgp guides for edexcel geography at a level but is just using the official textbook good enough?
The official textbook will also be good
idk01
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thank u! What wider reading books do you recommend for geography (preferably physical)?
I didn't use any books however I used some magazines are read a lot of news articles relating to climate change, flooding and just general geography etc.
francesca.smith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I am a student at the University of Cambridge. I tutor students aiming to get an offer for Geography, the subject I am currently studying. Since there are not a lot of past papers for the geography admissions assessment (GAA), I have made up my own using current degree course material. I currently have 6 samples for section 2. If anyone would like to buy them please private message me.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by francesca.smith)
Hi! I am a student at the University of Cambridge. I tutor students aiming to get an offer for Geography, the subject I am currently studying. Since there are not a lot of past papers for the geography admissions assessment (GAA), I have made up my own using current degree course material. I currently have 6 samples for section 2. If anyone would like to buy them please private message me.
Oh wow you seem like the perfect person to me! I’m applying for geography at Cambridge this year and I’m starting to practice the GAA papers too!
francesca.smith
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Oh wow you seem like the perfect person to me! I’m applying for geography at Cambridge this year and I’m starting to practice the GAA papers too!
Hi! That's so great, I love hearing from people who are passionate about geography, its not everyday you meet people like us. Feel free to get in touch via private message if you would like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?