thatgirlonlinex
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey everyone,

I could really do with someone's help. I am currently preparing to perform my real GCSE drama devised piece in approximately 3 weeks and I do not feel like my group is prepared at all. We are using the idea of a girl who is growing apart from her friend and experiencing a hard time because her father passed away when she was young. We have started the piece using non-naturalistic techniques however we are struggling how to avoid it becoming cliche, too naturalistic and also we want to entertain the audience. We are really struggling to put our piece together and collectively organise ideas. If you could please help me I would be so grateful.

At the moment my GCSE grade is non existent.
maybe-this-time
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
it's quite hard to advice on a performance piece over the internet but if you don't want it to be naturalistic perhaps you could do a physical theatre piece. in case you don't know physical theatre is sort of like dance but without the rules. do you have a script for your piece? if you do then disregard it for a moment and try and physicalise the characters emotions. make the other characters understand how you feel and what you mean with your body, not your words. try to think about subtext. what aren't your characters saying? there are loads of physical theatre exercises you can use to help you with the process so have a google and watch some videos. some good theatre companies to look out for are are punchdrunk, frantic assembly and gecko. the rest is just practice, practice, practice. it takes a lot of time so be prepared. good luck!
sophhie:))
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
if you look up 'frantic assembly' on youtube, they could give you some ideas? i'm in the same position and we're using their work to show emotions through movement. that mixed with different lighting and background music could help the audience see your characters growing sadness at losing her friend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (369)
67.21%
No (180)
32.79%

Watched Threads