The Student Room Group

Don't feel anything during sex or masturbation??

I'm a 19 year old girl, I lost my virginity about a year ago, but I literally feel nothing during sex or masturbation. It's not numb or good or bad, it's like there's no feeling in my vagina. Believe me I have tried literally everything I can think of... I still don't feel anything. I've tried vibrators and sex toys and I still feel nothing. I wouldn't say I get turned on that much either, just very occasionally, but if I try and masturbate nothing happens. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that orgasms are myths.

Is this normal? Could it be part of a medical condition or something?
Reply 1
Some people aren't into that type of thing, and it just won't work for them. You could book an appointment with your doctor about little/no feeling and see if they say anything. It could be your hormones at the moment. But it may just be a part of your life
You mention your vagina but does this include your clitoris?
Have you ever had a sexual drive - do you get 'turned on'?

I'd do some research and pop along to the doctor if you have any concerns.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a 19 year old girl, I lost my virginity about a year ago, but I literally feel nothing during sex or masturbation. It's not numb or good or bad, it's like there's no feeling in my vagina. Believe me I have tried literally everything I can think of... I still don't feel anything. I've tried vibrators and sex toys and I still feel nothing. I wouldn't say I get turned on that much either, just very occasionally, but if I try and masturbate nothing happens. Honestly, I'm beginning to think that orgasms are myths.

Is this normal? Could it be part of a medical condition or something?

You need a gp to discuss this with. Does clitoral stimulation have no effect either? Orgasms are definitely not a myth!
Reply 4
Same here , I'm also 19 year old , and i also don't feel any sensation in my vagina , I never have had sex before, but when I use vibrator or toys , i can feel that it's inside me but i really don't feel anything pleasurable 🙁
Reply 5
I have that problem too!
but I found a way to feel again!
I masturbate for a bit.
wait for 2 minutes and then masturbate again.
I then have an orgasm!

Quick Reply

Latest