So I just had a power chain put on my braces... Watch

Traaace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
...And it really hurts. But, I noticed my orthodontist left one of the ligatures free between the last and second to last bracket. Is this normal? I'm not worried, just curious since she was having trouble getting some of them on (and kept hitting me in the gums). There's no significant gaps on that side, though, so maybe it just wasn't needed?
FadingAway
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Traaace)
...And it really hurts. But, I noticed my orthodontist left one of the ligatures free between the last and second to last bracket. Is this normal? I'm not worried, just curious since she was having trouble getting some of them on (and kept hitting me in the gums). There's no significant gaps on that side, though, so maybe it just wasn't needed?
Pretty sure they are meant to put elastics in every bracket but I could be wrong. But give them a call in the morning to be safe. I should imagine she would have known what she was doing so maybe decided it wasn’t necessary
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads