Somethings wrong Watch

niamh_i22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
A bit weird but over these few weeks I have been stressed out a lot.
I met my friend yesterday and he’s started smoking and ever since seeing him smoke I craved one.
Then today stupid me goes home and buys a packet stops and has one.
Why?
I’ve always hated the thought of smoking. But I love the smell when my parents smoke.
What’s going on?
Emma603xxxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Maybe you want to do what everyone else is doing?
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
niamh_i22

3 key reasons

1) stress = increases chance of dependency on something else to take your mind of things / escape

2) 'friend' subconscious affirmation = the fact that your friend smokes and they are indeed a 'friend' means your mind conflates 'friend' and 'smoking' into a more acceptable overall act health wise or risk wise

3) been craving since he started + both parents smoke = addiction highlighted perhaps genetic predisposed since both your parents smoke

it is clear you are genetically more likely (parents) to smoke and environmentally (stress and friends) more inclined to as well

there's nothing wrong with smoking society wise - as long as you smoke in smoking areas thats totally fine

however for individual health I would ask you to seriously think about the longer term impacts and whether the momentary relief is worth the health and financial hit

its not my place to say but I hope you choose whats best for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (13)
7.1%
They've been reasonable (76)
41.53%
Not feeling great... (47)
25.68%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25.68%

Watched Threads

Latest