The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, im going into the 2nd year studying in dnipro, but 4th year of medicine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask:smile:
Original post by 794100
Who else is a February admission, trying to study Medicine or Dentistry at Dnipro Ukraine? I'm from the UK. Trying to get know people before I attend.

Im already a student there which agent are you going through?
Reply 3
Original post by Augustine96

Medlink
Reply 4
I’m starting in September 2020, I’m going through medlink too have not yet sent my application but just doing a bit of research initially
Reply 5
Original post by 794100
Medlink

Original post by Augustine96

Hi I'm from the UK and considering doing the graduate entry medicine course at dnipro I was wondering as a student how you are finding the course and which agency you would recommend.
Reply 6
What is the pass mark for the exams?Are the exams MCQs, case essays, SBAs, OSCEs?The 6th year is an internship year so you rotate around different specalties, I heard you can use this are your F1 year and so apply for an F2 postition is this correct? Also do you know any one who has done this?Cheers
Reply 7
Original post by 794100
Who else is a February admission, trying to study Medicine or Dentistry at Dnipro Ukraine? I'm from the UK. Trying to get know people before I attend.

Hi! I'm also starting in Dnipro in Feb 2020. Where are you from? =)
Reply 8
Hi do you know if there is any March intakes available.
Reply 9
I know someone coming in March 2020. but they are initially a Feb entry. probably best to talk to Medlink about this as soon as for advice.
Original post by 794100
I know someone coming in March 2020. but they are initially a Feb entry. probably best to talk to Medlink about this as soon as for advice.

so is there a possibility of me being able to come in march since my visa isn't ready yet I am supposed to come in February.
Thanks
Reply 11
Is Dnipro really that good because I have heard that they are bit costly and they are not good enough in-comparison of other EU Universities.
Anyone kindly explain me about the fee structure and are they recognised by GMC ?
Reply 12
Original post by Krixhh
What is the pass mark for the exams?Are the exams MCQs, case essays, SBAs, OSCEs?The 6th year is an internship year so you rotate around different specalties, I heard you can use this are your F1 year and so apply for an F2 postition is this correct? Also do you know any one who has done this?Cheers

From what I know, every week there is a MCQ test and obviously big final exams at the end of the year at Dnipro Medical Institute. This is aswell as whatever the teacher/lecturer Every medical student in Ukraine needs to take the Krok exam 1 and 2. Krok 1 is usually year 3, and krok 2 is usually year 6. These are 4 hour MCQ exam that you need to get atleast 60% in so that you can continue your studies/become a doctor. You will be able to find previous exam papers online.

Years 1-3 Are mainly academic and years 3-6 will be much more clinical eg in hospital.. surgery.. So you will be examined on your clinical skills later on. Ministry of Ukraine are even looking at introducing IFOM exam, which is almost the international equivalent of the USMLE exam.

Yeah you are correct about year 6, GMC considers internship year as F1 for international medical schools, however you still have the option to start as an F1 as I know some international graduates do so to gain additional experience. As of october this year over a third of doctors in the NHS graduated abroad so there plenty of people have done this.
Reply 13
Original post by Falis123
Hi do you know if there is any March intakes available.

Dnipro Medical Institute have February and October intakes, you will have to talk with medlink/university to work out if they can allow for the circumstances. Feb 2020 is full, unless you have already recieved acceptance you can't apply for that now.

Original post by Josh49
Is Dnipro really that good because I have heard that they are bit costly and they are not good enough in-comparison of other EU Universities.
Anyone kindly explain me about the fee structure and are they recognised by GMC ?

You're not going to find any cheaper than Dnipro my friend :tongue: Tuition 1st year is approx £4300 and years 2-6 £3000 pounds, and cost of living is dirt cheap. You won't find any cheaper than Ukraine in terms of tuition fees. And dnipro medical institute has a massive british community so its the top pick for us.Also, we're talking 300 pounds a month for a full modern nice studio apartment whereas student accomodation in the uk can cost you nothing less than £400 a month and thats on a budget haha. A tram ride is like equiv of 15p and a 8 mile uber journey like £1.50? The british pound is wayy stronger than their currency, hence why it is so cheap. Ukraine is also the cheapest country in Europe.

In terms of how good it is, at a very basic level there is no doubt about its accreditation. You can be a doctor anywhere in the world with the degree. How good you find it is subjective of course. Nothing has indiciated to me that other EU universities are better/worse. All the students I've spoken with are satisfied, you can find on medlink students youtube channel students talking about the university.. If you're able to, you should try visiting the city/university.

For an international medical school degree to be recognised by the GMC it has to meet 4 criteria:
- Atleast 3 years of education in med school (undergrad is 6 years)
- In the world directory of medical schools (it is)
- Has atleast 5500 hours of clinical/study (it has)
- Is not specifically blacklisted by the GMC (it isn't)
People have graduated from dnipro medical institute already and are working as a doctor in the UK now.

Original post by 101...
Hi I'm from the UK and considering doing the graduate entry medicine course at dnipro I was wondering as a student how you are finding the course and which agency you would recommend.

Medlink Students are the only agency that can get you into Dnipro medical institute, its an exclusive relationship.

If anyone has any further questions please send me a message I'd love to help :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
My advice is that whatever questions you have about studying in Dnipro, just get in touch with Medlink Students and they will help you with your application and answer all your questions. I applied through them and they are professional and helpful, whenever I had any question I just texted them and got an answer. if you have any questions that I can help you with feel free to PM me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Bear in mind Dnipro medical institute’s exclusive agency is medlink students. No one else can get you admission.,
Reply 16
Is it really possible to do 3 yr MD at dnipro with the 5500 hours (since gmc say a minimum 3yr with 5500 hours?

I have a phd in cardiovacsular sciences, msc biomed (merit), bsc biomed (2.1)
Original post by albin6
I started my application with Medlink and took admission in Near East University Cyprus. they bring me here in a hotel and then the next day no one came to take me for the university visit and introduction I complaint the same to the Medlink but didn't received any updates or any help so far. there is a huge difference what they promised and what they do.

Is ur uni recognised in eu or Cyprus? Do they do grad entry and what r their fees.
Reply 18
Original post by Anon019001
Hi, im going into the 2nd year studying in dnipro, but 4th year of medicine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask:smile:

Do u have contact number ? Wuld love to chat with u
Reply 19
Original post by MZI3
Is it really possible to do 3 yr MD at dnipro with the 5500 hours (since gmc say a minimum 3yr with 5500 hours?

I have a phd in cardiovacsular sciences, msc biomed (merit), bsc biomed (2.1)

It is possible, it's just hard work. Recently the GMC just accepted a student who did post grad 3 year course at dnipro. Medlink students can provide more information on this!

Latest