Dnipro medical institute feb 2020

Watch
haychb123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi I'm applying for the graduate entry for dentistry as well, I've got initial acceptance letter just ready to pay the first deposit. I just don't see that many people on here applying for the graduate entry dentistry program, they all seem to be for medicine :/
Hani01
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it makes you guys feel better I know plenty of graduate dentists here haha
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Kindly confirm if it is accredited with GMC?
Also, what are the course structure theirs for medicine?
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Kindly confirm if it is accredited with GMC?
Also, what are the course structure theirs for medicine?
GMC don't go out of their way to accredit/approve universities. What they do have is a minimum requirement lists which is:
- Minimum 5500 hours of clincal work/study
- Listed in the world directory of medical schools
- Minimum of 3 years of medical school
- Not to be in the blacklist

Dnipro medical institute checks all the boxes. So if you graduate, you would come home to take the (at the time) UKMLA. (currently PLAB)

The course structure is pre-clinical and clinical with a bit of a mix. First 2 years are all academic, and starting from 3rd year it gets progressively more clinical.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hani01)
GMC don't go out of their way to accredit/approve universities. What they do have is a minimum requirement lists which is:

Dnipro medical institute checks all the boxes. So if you graduate, you would come home to take the (at the time) UKMLA. (currently PLAB)

The course structure is pre-clinical and clinical with a bit of a mix. First 2 years are all academic, and starting from 3rd year it gets progressively more clinical.
Thank You so much for clearing my doubts also I want to know that do they teach medicine in English or they teach it in their local language?
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank You so much for clearing my doubts also I want to know that do they teach medicine in English or they teach it in their local language?
Anytime!
They teach medicine in English. All the international students like my self study in english.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Is Dnipro is registered with WDMS because there is no such information about their accreditation on their website ?
Kindly see more at own their official website
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is Dnipro is registered with WDMS because there is no such information about their accreditation on their website ?
Kindly see more at own their official website
If by WDMS you mean world directory of medical schools, check the world directory of medical school website:

https://search.wdoms.org/home/SchoolDetail/F0002350

This shows that it is listed in the world directory of medical schools.
Shuggy53
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tazbella)
Hi, I am Taz and I am planning to go on September 2020. However there are students that will start on February and definitely from UK so don’t worry and hope you enjoy it. Are you going to be in your first year ?
I’m thinking Of applying for September 2020 entry as a graduate. I will be doing the first year online due to current Covid19 crisis and hoping to do electives in Uk so I spend minimal time abroad(I have a baby and don’t wna leave her!)
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by amal321)
Hey Guys, I've been trying to get in touch with some students applying to Graduate entry at Dnipro University also. Hope to get in touch with you all. My family don't want me to go until i am in contact with a few people that have studied there or will be going soon.
Hi Amal, I’m applying for September 2020 too for graduate entry (biomed grad)
MZI3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Shuggy53)
I’m thinking Of applying for September 2020 entry as a graduate. I will be doing the first year online due to current Covid19 crisis and hoping to do electives in Uk so I spend minimal time abroad(I have a baby and don’t wna leave her!)
I am thinking of the same... either September or February... to spend less time abroad and save money on living... however I am on Sheffield waiting list and have to wait till August to know my fate...

I don't think online is because of covid19 rather it is a permanent fixture.

I have a PhD, MSc and BSc all in the sciences.
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MZI3)
I am thinking of the same... either September or February... to spend less time abroad and save money on living... however I am on Sheffield waiting list and have to wait till August to know my fate...

I don't think online is because of covid19 rather it is a permanent fixture.

I have a PhD, MSc and BSc all in the sciences.
Yeah we all have online until covid is over but studying years 1-3 online is a permenant option.

With your PhD and degrees, wouldn't you jump into later graduate entry? Because obviously clinical years has to be done in person
Last edited by Hani01; 1 week ago
MZI3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah we all have online until covid is over but studying years 1-3 online is a permenant option.

With your PhD and degrees, wouldn't you jump into later graduate entry? Because obviously clinical years has to be done in person
Mine would be 1yr online and 3yrs on Ukraine... still a 4 year GEM
MZI3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are we 100% sure this is GMC accredited? I.e. i take it most if not all on this thread will practise back in the UK, so this grad entry degree will allow for this, right?
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MZI3)
Are we 100% sure this is GMC accredited? I.e. i take it most if not all on this thread will practise back in the UK, so this grad entry degree will allow for this, right?
Yea for sure:

Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MZI3)
I will suggest you contact the GMC directly and you will get the right answer from there.
Just visit the official website of GMC by just one click on the given link https://www.gmc-uk.org/ and there is an option of live chat with the GMC representative
MZI3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yea for sure:
Also, I have checked the world directory of medical schools and although dnipro is listed, it is only mentioned as a 6 year degree whereas other unis are listed as 4, 5 and 6 year degrees.
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MZI3)
Also, I have checked the world directory of medical schools and although dnipro is listed, it is only mentioned as a 6 year degree whereas other unis are listed as 4, 5 and 6 year degrees.
Just had a look at some british medical schools with graduate entry, and not all mention on their page on world directory of medical schools about 4 year courses (grad) even if they have them eg Manchester Medical School.. I think its just down to how much detail the medical school has put on their page, as my friend personally knows someone who graduated from dnipro medical institute from grad entry and is working as a doctor in the UK. But yeah go verify for yourself if you feel the need to! (eg call the GMC) A lot of my friends called the GMC before they came to double check it all and they had no issues
MZI3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Just had a look at some british medical schools with graduate entry, and not all mention on their page on world directory of medical schools about 4 year courses (grad) even if they have them eg Manchester Medical School.. I think its just down to how much detail the medical school has put on their page, as my friend personally knows someone who graduated from dnipro medical institute from grad entry and is working as a doctor in the UK. But yeah go verify for yourself if you feel the need to! (eg call the GMC) A lot of my friends called the GMC before they came to double check it all and they had no issues
Manchester doesn't do grad entry btw. Just to mention I am keen to study in Ukraine and do 1year online but I want assurances that I can come and practise in the UK as soon as I finish. I.e. without taking extra courses like medics who graduate in say Asia do.
Hani01
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MZI3)
Manchester doesn't do grad entry btw. Just to mention I am keen to study in Ukraine and do 1year online but I want assurances that I can come and practise in the UK as soon as I finish. I.e. without taking extra courses like medics who graduate in say Asia do.
Oops, you're right lol. I just know an older family friend at manchester medical school and assumed he entered grad entry because he had already done a degree.

In that case the only solid evidence I can provide is for you to ring the GMC and ask. I don't like to make a case with "he said she said" as anyone can say that and make stuff up. I guess my contribution is that my friends at the uni doing graduate have rang the GMC to make sure and there was no problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.08%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (175)
9.83%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.08%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.88%

Watched Threads