Emxlygrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve just started my first year of 6th form and currently doing 4 subjects. At the end of the year ill drop one and so I’ll only have an AS Level for it. But I’m considering dropping it now and not getting the AS because I’m really not enjoying the subject I chose and I’m finding it difficult. Would it be worth it to drop it now? Or will it be worth anything when I go to uni. (It’s got nothing to do with the career id like to go into)
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just drop it. It's completely fine.

People only take 4 subjects to allow for flexibility when they decide on the 3 that they want to do in year 13. If you already know which one you don't want to continue, you may as well do it now than waste time doing it.
THALCEDONY
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emxlygrace)
I’ve just started my first year of 6th form and currently doing 4 subjects. At the end of the year ill drop one and so I’ll only have an AS Level for it. But I’m considering dropping it now and not getting the AS because I’m really not enjoying the subject I chose and I’m finding it difficult. Would it be worth it to drop it now? Or will it be worth anything when I go to uni. (It’s got nothing to do with the career id like to go into)
Some universities might prefer applicants with 4 qualifications but it doesn't matter too much. It's better to have no AS than a rubbish AS grade to submit to university.
Duckyyyyyy00
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emxlygrace)
If you’re just starting out, could you consider changing the AS you’re not enjoying to something that you enjoy? If you’re finding content tough, you don’t need it and you don’t think you’ll do well, there’s no point wasting time on the 4th AS if you’re required to have 3 A levels at the end of the day. But if, the 4th AS subject is required for the course you want to study in University & you’re aiming for top uni then you should not drop it. With that being said, if the 4th AS is going to jeopardise the other 3 AS grades then I don’t think it would be worth it.

You still have time to think about it. Just don’t wait until too late to decide (ie. 2-3 mths before exam date).
Last edited by Duckyyyyyy00; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.55%
No (211)
76.45%

Watched Threads