What cities would you say are left wing or right wing? Watch

returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ferrograd)
No but generally homosexuals are more likely to vote for a party that has a better reputation for looking after gays which labour does (although tories did legalise gay marriage)
'Looking after gays'. What exactly do you mean by this?

And you think there are no gays in Essex ...? Really?
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Le Male)
All cities are left-wing, right wing people farm the land, fire guns and have 4+ children with their wives.

You only move to a city if you are a homosexual or a swinger and needless to say, those sorts tend to be communists.
I feel like you are trying to insult one or the other but I can’t figure out which 😂
Le Male
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SteveyStack)
I feel like you are trying to insult one or the other but I can’t figure out which 😂
I am messing about, I really could not care if people are gay :rofl: I do believe cities attract more primoscuous sorts though
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Le Male)
All cities are left-wing, right wing people farm the land, fire guns and have 4+ children with their wives.

You only move to a city if you are a homosexual or a swinger and needless to say, those sorts tend to be communists.
Actually, the rural idiots have 10+ children, usually with their sisters.
And anyone who owns wellies is a member of UKIP.

So glad we sorted that out.
Le Male
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Actually, the rural idiots have 10+ children, usually with their sisters.
And anyone who owns wellies is a member of UKIP.

So glad we sorted that out.
>not owning a pair of hunters

uncultured swine
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And all members of the Labour Party are gay.
And dont live in 'the North' - wherever that is.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Crikey, life is so simple when the Year 9s explain it isn't it.
RuneFreeze
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
So, let me get this right - since 'London' has a left-wing Mayor, that means all Londoners are left-wing then, and that 'London' is left-wing?
stop being a pedant, saying London is left wing as shorthand for London contains a higher proportion of left wingers a perfectly reasonable use of the English language
AW_1983
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RuneFreeze)
Most of what you say is correct, but I don't think it's fair to say voting remain is 'left wing'. Also when you say Jeremy Corbyn polls below 27% are you talking about voting intention polls or leadership polls?
That is fair enough. Remain is more popular on the left, but you're right it cuts across the spectrum. In reality I think Brexit appeals to both extremes from Farage to Galloway but not much inbetween!

I'm talking about voting intention polls. Normally even at their absolute worst Labour doesn't sink below 27%.
IH8Studying
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
guess i’m moving to sheffield
RuneFreeze
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AW_1983)
That is fair enough. Remain is more popular on the left, but you're right it cuts across the spectrum. In reality I think Brexit appeals to both extremes from Farage to Galloway but not much inbetween!

I'm talking about voting intention polls. Normally even at their absolute worst Labour doesn't sink below 27%.
Well given that Brexit won the popular vote you can hardly call it extreme, almost by definition.

Yeah the polls are a complete mess atm with massive variance between different polling companies depending how they weight likelihood to vote, so I wouldn't take any individual poll too seriously. The polling average shows that the cons are slightly ahead of labour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed