Zedex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I want to learn my A-Levels online as I moved away from England but I want to complete the english qualifications.

I've tried to find any online schools that do A-level courses and have found a few ( oxfordcollege.ac, cloudlearn.co.uk, icslearn.co.uk, distance-learning-centre.co.uk) and I need some advice in choosing the best one as all of them have mixed reviews. I want to learn Business and I still want to choose between Maths, Economics and Psychology as my other one and also want to do Computer Science which I will have to learn on my own. If anyone has attended any of these any information would be useful.

Due to the schools being a very expensive investment I also am considering just learning these on my own from materials found online and recommended text books from the exam board, as I will have to do so with Computer Science. I want to know if it is a viable choice and how easy/hard it is to find resources needed.

I would be very grateful for help in this subject.
Hasanah_112
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I attended 2 online schools one was an actual waste of time but another one I joined it yr12 ( 5weeks into the school yr) was really good it was called Interhigh. I did biology and chemistry and It’s probably by far the best online school out there we had live lesson which were also recorded so I could access them at all times and excellent teachers who gave us hw past papers mocks etc. Whenever I needed help they were just an email away and they always helped clear any questions I had . Interhigh was also really organised and whenever I had a problem all I did was ring up the tech team and they resolved it for me .
They also had clubs like mandarin club ( didn’t join so can’t give u much on that) Would definitely recommend you check it out .
I was scrolling through their website and noticed that they’re going to have an open day kind of thing but online on the 23rd October (please double check )
Probably get started on your course and then u can carry on with them
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zedex)
Hi,
I want to learn my A-Levels online as I moved away from England but I want to complete the english qualifications.

I've tried to find any online schools that do A-level courses and have found a few ( oxfordcollege.ac, cloudlearn.co.uk, icslearn.co.uk, distance-learning-centre.co.uk) and I need some advice in choosing the best one as all of them have mixed reviews. I want to learn Business and I still want to choose between Maths, Economics and Psychology as my other one and also want to do Computer Science which I will have to learn on my own. If anyone has attended any of these any information would be useful.

Due to the schools being a very expensive investment I also am considering just learning these on my own from materials found online and recommended text books from the exam board, as I will have to do so with Computer Science. I want to know if it is a viable choice and how easy/hard it is to find resources needed.

A levels accepted internationally.
If you do English A levels you will need to sit them in the UK.
If you do international A levels then you can sit them abroad.

Most but not all courses will be for the English based versions.

You also need to check with CS and the others whether there is any coursework as that can be an extra expense and it may not be possible to do as a private student. For ease of study I would do the international versions run by CIE or Pearson Edexcel international.

You can teach these yourself although you may struggle to find direct textbooks for them and may have to use other exam boards materials plus make sure you are on spec. That would be the cheapest but maybe not the most effective way to study.
maiishaa-a
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Urgh studying via distance learning needs you to be self-motivated the whole way through...can't laze about soooo much when your studying online
Zedex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm planning to take the A Level exams in my old school, if not I can also do them elsewhere in UK. That isn't a problem. I'm 20 years old so I don't know if InterHigh would take me and they're also really expensive. I'm most likely going to be doing part time work whilst studying.

I'm thinking that doing everything myself might be more efficient
Hasanah_112
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zedex)
I'm planning to take the A Level exams in my old school, if not I can also do them elsewhere in UK. That isn't a problem. I'm 20 years old so I don't know if InterHigh would take me and they're also really expensive. I'm most likely going to be doing part time work whilst studying.

I'm thinking that doing everything myself might be more efficient
You’re not too old there were students In my class who were around your age . Also while I did inter high I had a part time job which didn’t bother my studies that much this is because interhigh records all the lessons so when I couldn’t be there for one I just watched back the recording.
tiaindie16
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zedex)
Hi,

I am currently using Wolsey hall oxford and i am in my second year of a levels. I study business, law and psychology. It is a supportive environment to learn in but it is very independent still. You get assessed monthly but it is completely up to you how you learn. They are mainly international qualifications so regardless on where you are they will be good to have!

Hope you find somewhere that suits you!
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zedex)
I'm planning to take the A Level exams in my old school, if not I can also do them elsewhere in UK.
Have our old school agreed to have you back?

As others have said, Computer Science will be very hard to achieve as a private candidate as there will be no one to supervise your NEA (aka coursework). SOme universities don't like students taking Business and Economics as they are fairly similar, so how about: Business, Maths and Psychology?
Zedex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
That was my idea from the beginning to take business maths and psychology but I really wanted to go into computer science, but since that is not possible I will most likely go for those. I still can't decide if spending money is the wiser idea?
hazeleyes99
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Learnonline Pembrokeshire college do Computer Science A level. We’ve only just started with them so cannot say for sure how good they are, but so far it seems well structured and organised, and I am optimistic it will be good.

You can also do the project with them.
Last edited by hazeleyes99; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
18.05%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.99%
Not great so far... (215)
35.6%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed