Whoops... catching up on missed classes Watch

RainbowParrot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay so I was supposed to be starting at uni next week, but I'm an international student and I've been held up on actually getting to the UK - meaning I'll be missing classes.

Has anyone ever had to catch up before? How did you do it?
Emily_B
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It completely depends on the course and if you have to do a certain number of hours (e.g. nursing).
If the university has an online system for module content, submitting work etc, then I suggest you look at the content on there. I'd also suggest getting in contact with the department to explain and ask if there's any work you need to do. For example, in my first degree (German&History), any work tended to be reading around topics or listening/language work. For my nursing degree, we had to write 500 words per half day missed on the topic we were focussing on during that session.
RainbowParrot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emily_B)
It completely depends on the course and if you have to do a certain number of hours (e.g. nursing).
If the university has an online system for module content, submitting work etc, then I suggest you look at the content on there. I'd also suggest getting in contact with the department to explain and ask if there's any work you need to do. For example, in my first degree (German&History), any work tended to be reading around topics or listening/language work. For my nursing degree, we had to write 500 words per half day missed on the topic we were focussing on during that session.
Thank you! I'm studying Drama/Lit - I'm mostly worried about the drama side because there are seminars and such that I'd be missing, so I'll contact my professors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.53%
No (208)
76.47%

Watched Threads