Boris to prorogue again - rule by government without Parliament Watch

username1421435
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
Very good insight, I wish there were more people who are actually politically aware in this world.
I'm not sure whether you're referring to the Daily Mail article or OP, but neither suggest to fit into a definition of "politically aware".
Zoqua
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Le Male)
You and your disgusting ilk have disobeyed the will of the people and treason gets what treason deserves. I hope we leave with no deal and we can crash the house prices in Londonistan by 40% so real British people can move back in rather than Arab billionaires and the low classes in social housing.
'You and your disgusting ilk', 'treason gets what treason deserves', tell me, have you traveled forward in time from the middle ages? When we leave without a deal the house prices in London won't be the only thing that crashes, hey lets crash the food and medicine supply as well, because who needs food and basic human needs. Hey lets crash the whole economy because why not. The 'British spirit' will protect us after all. Who needs food, medicine and a stable economy, as long as 'treason gets what treason deserves'.

'Londonistan', 'real British people', I know the thought of anyone who doesn't 100% conform to what your personal definition of British setting one foot in this country terrifies you, but has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, there might be some benefits to having people from other cultures living in the UK? I know, shocking right? They might just bring amazing amount of wealth, cultural and scientific contributions, and numerous other things to this country, but who cares about that? It doesn't matter what they do right, if they aren't 'real British' they can't possibly have made any kind of extremely important and useful contribution towards our society..........

In case you didn't realize, I just committed the shocking, positively treasonous act of sarcasm.
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
Johnson is possibly the greatest hypocrite to hold such a position. How anyone can support him is beyond me.
It's beyond me as well. Perhaps we shall never know.
Le Male
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
'You and your disgusting ilk', 'treason gets what treason deserves', tell me, have you traveled forward in time from the middle ages? When we leave without a deal the house prices in London won't be the only thing that crashes, hey lets crash the food and medicine supply as well, because who needs food and basic human needs. Hey lets crash the whole economy because why not. The 'British spirit' will protect us after all. Who needs food, medicine and a stable economy, as long as 'treason gets what treason deserves'.

'Londonistan', 'real British people', I know the thought of anyone who doesn't 100% conform to what your personal definition of British setting one foot in this country terrifies you, but has it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, there might be some benefits to having people from other cultures living in the UK? I know, shocking right? They might just bring amazing amount of wealth, cultural and scientific contributions, and numerous other things to this country, but who cares about that? It doesn't matter what they do right, if they aren't 'real British' they can't possibly have made any kind of extremely important and useful contribution towards our society..........

In case you didn't realize, I just committed the shocking, positively treasonous act of sarcasm.
There are benefits to having more capable people (IQ >120) regardless of ethnic origin, however there is no benefit of having masses of unskilled workers in this country most of who are a drain on public financies.
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Remain would have won the referendum if it kept the festering human excriment of the new middle class from shooting themselves in the foot every time they oppened their disgusting mouths.
What a charming way of discussing those who think differently to you.
username1421435
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
It's beyond me as well. Perhaps we shall never know.
I may not agree with many of his policies, and you may disagree with many more of them than I do, but contrary to what you believe, Boris is not strictly "unelected".
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lawtc2019)
I may not agree with many of his policies, and you may disagree with many more of them than I do, but contrary to what you believe, Boris is not strictly "unelected".
He was elected. By less than 1% of the population. A very accurate representation don't you think.......
Le Male
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
What a charming way of discussing those who think differently to you.
I voted to remain, I am messing with you man.

There are two elements of truth in what I say a) the middle class remainers were the best Brexit-propaganda the leave camp had and b) the general benefits of mass low skilled migration have been vastly exagerrated.
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are benefits to having more capable people (IQ >120) regardless of ethnic origin, however there is no benefit of having masses of unskilled workers in this country most of who are a drain on public financies.
Yeah, because people would love to be working farms, picking strawberries and doing all the really hard intensive labor that 'unskilled workers' are vital for.

By the way, 'more capable people' are not defined by IQ's. 'more capable' means being qualified to do your job, granted a higher IQ will certainly not reduce your chances (IQ tests and the study of IQ & research into how indicative it is of future success are actually quite interesting, I'm not an IQ hater), but surely, qualifications, experience and dedication matter more, but that's a debate for another forum.
username1421435
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
He was elected. By less than 1% of the population. A very accurate representation don't you think.......
If you are talking about the members of the Tory party who elected him to be their leader, then I'm not sure that is relevant.

In a general election, you vote for an individual to represent your constituency as a member of parliament. Boris Johnson, like his predecessor Theresa May, the leader of the opposition Jeremy Corbyn, and every other MP in the house, was elected by their constituents to be the member of parliament for their constituency.

Strictly speaking, you do not vote for a prime minister. Boris Johnson was elected as a member of parliament by his constituents, and he has been chosen by his own party members to lead the party, and hence the country. If he wasn't elected to be an MP in the first place, he wouldn't be PM now.

If you are still of the opinion he is unelected, you must be absolutely horrified that the opposition parties are blocking the general election that Johnson has twice pushed for. You can't have it both ways
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
since Parliament is refusing to carry out the Will of the People it is definitely sensible to sideline Parliament as a temporary measure.

once the UK has left the EU we can get back to normal operations.
Lmao. Will of the people. Half of us voted to remain you know... A majority of 2% is hardly the 'will of the people.'
username1421435
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Lmao. Will of the people. Half of us voted to remain you know... A majority of 2% is hardly the 'will of the people.'
Please do elaborate on what margin you require for it to be considered the 'will of the people' then
Zoqua
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are talking about the members of the Tory party who elected him to be their leader, then I'm not sure that is relevant.

In a general election, you vote for an individual to represent your constituency as a member of parliament. Boris Johnson, like his predecessor Theresa May, the leader of the opposition Jeremy Corbyn, and every other MP in the house, was elected by their constituents to be the member of parliament for their constituency.

Strictly speaking, you do not vote for a prime minister. Boris Johnson was elected as a member of parliament by his constituents, and he has been chosen by his own party members to lead the party, and hence the country. If he wasn't elected to be an MP in the first place, he wouldn't be PM now.

If you are still of the opinion he is unelected, you must be absolutely horrified that the opposition parties are blocking the general election that Johnson has twice pushed for. You can't have it both ways
I am aware of how the system works. Of course that doesn't mean the system is right (but that's not for this forum). I didn't say I thought Boris Johnson was unelected, I just implied that such a small minority of the population made him Prime minister that I do not see why he alone (without Parliament) should be making the most important decision made in this country this century.

The reason why the general election is being blocked is quite a simple one, that Boris Johnson cannot be trusted to give us a deal unless it is put into law, which should be, and is, an absolute priority for the opposition.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Please do elaborate on what margin you require for it to be considered the 'will of the people' then
51% of only 72% of the population voted to leave. That isn't enough for union action for christs sake, never mind a monumental decision like this. Quite frankly, half of this country wanted to leave, half wanted to remain. Add to that the lies that were told on the leave side, and you have not got a mandate for the 'will of the people'.
josh75
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoqua)
Wow. Talk about bs. If by 'toxic and defeatist' you mean using common sense and a basic understand of economics to tell you what is going to happen when we crash out of the EU without a deal, ruining the country and the prospects of my generation and generations to come, which will be entirely the fault of people like you, then yes. It's so funny to see Brexiteers calling remainers 'remoaners', which is not only just a petty insult that makes those who use it look even more immature than they appear beforehand, but is also rather ironic considering how they proceed to then whine, or some would say 'moan' about how it is all the fault of the 'remoaners' and so called 'liberal elite', in other words well educated people who have the audacity to disagree with the angry Brexiteer hoard.

'Boris has never held no deal as his preferable option' yeah right, proceeds to attempt to prevent any opposition to it. 'Boris was elected' yes, he was, by less than 1% of the population, very representative I have to say. There is no way that leaving without a deal is our 'best option', literally any other option would be better (preferably staying in the EU and deleting the Brexit mess created by Brexiteers over the past few years but life sucks like that and we don't live in a perfect world) than basically doing the equivalent of jumping off a cliff without a parachute and saying that your 'British spirit' will save you from the fall.

If the current political situation wasn't real, it would make a good comedy.
"Wow. Talk about bs. If by 'toxic and defeatist' you mean using common sense and a basic understand of economics to tell you what is going to happen when we crash out of the EU without a deal, ruining the country and the prospects of my generation and generations to come, which will be entirely the fault of people like you, then yes. "
Common sense dictates one of the most powerful countries in the world will do fine without being apart of a large bureaucratic protectionist market.So yes what you say is toxic and defeatist.

"It's so funny to see Brexiteers calling remainers 'remoaners', which is not only just a petty insult that makes those who use it look even more immature than they appear beforehand, but is also rather ironic considering how they proceed to then whine, or some would say 'moan' about how it is all the fault of the 'remoaners' and so called 'liberal elite', in other words well educated people who have the audacity to disagree with the angry Brexiteer hoard."
We call you remoaners because its accurate, all you do is catastrophize and whine; instead of acting like adults and accepting the result and moving on.
And so many of these issues we are seeing is your fault, the market is not some static entity. If a large portion of the population start acting like the economy is going to crash and all you do is talk about what bad possibly could happen, businesses are going to be fearful of investing, the market is going to go down. Also you people at every step have flat out done your absolute best to water down brexit to something that is in name only with a huge percentage of you just flat out trying to overturn the vote.

"Boris was elected' yes, he was, by less than 1% of the population, very representative I have to say." No he was elected by the whole of the country during our last general election. We do not vote for the PM we vote for local constituencies, which then at the end of the GE the party with a majortiy of the constituencies gets to choose who they want for PM. Everyone who voted for the Tories had the opportunity to learn of our democratic process and would be to know that this was legal and could happen.

"preferably staying in the EU and deleting the Brexit mess created by Brexiteers over the past few years but life sucks like that and we don't live in a perfect world" Well heres the issue isn't it, you just don't respect the philosophical concept of democracy and national sovereignty, your litterally a technocrat.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There’s a simple way of finding out what Boris said to the Queen.

We have to waterboard the Corgi.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josh75)
"Wow. Talk about bs. If by 'toxic and defeatist' you mean using common sense and a basic understand of economics to tell you what is going to happen when we crash out of the EU without a deal, ruining the country and the prospects of my generation and generations to come, which will be entirely the fault of people like you, then yes. "
Common sense dictates one of the most powerful countries in the world will do fine without being apart of a large bureaucratic protectionist market.So yes what you say is toxic and defeatist.

"It's so funny to see Brexiteers calling remainers 'remoaners', which is not only just a petty insult that makes those who use it look even more immature than they appear beforehand, but is also rather ironic considering how they proceed to then whine, or some would say 'moan' about how it is all the fault of the 'remoaners' and so called 'liberal elite', in other words well educated people who have the audacity to disagree with the angry Brexiteer hoard."
We call you remoaners because its accurate, all you do is catastrophize and whine; instead of acting like adults and accepting the result and moving on.
And so many of these issues we are seeing is your fault, the market is not some static entity. If a large portion of the population start acting like the economy is going to crash and all you do is talk about what bad possibly could happen, businesses are going to be fearful of investing, the market is going to go down. Also you people at every step have flat out done your absolute best to water down brexit to something that is in name only with a huge percentage of you just flat out trying to overturn the vote.

"Boris was elected' yes, he was, by less than 1% of the population, very representative I have to say." No he was elected by the whole of the country during our last general election. We do not vote for the PM we vote for local constituencies, which then at the end of the GE the party with a majortiy of the constituencies gets to choose who they want for PM. Everyone who voted for the Tories had the opportunity to learn of our democratic process and would be to know that this was legal and could happen.

"preferably staying in the EU and deleting the Brexit mess created by Brexiteers over the past few years but life sucks like that and we don't live in a perfect world" Well heres the issue isn't it, you just don't respect the philosophical concept of democracy and national sovereignty, your litterally a technocrat.
Blah blah blah. Nothing concrete. No facts, no information, just a wall of text. Come back with some actual substance next time.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
You and your disgusting ilk have disobeyed the will of the people and treason gets what treason deserves. I hope we leave with no deal and we can crash the house prices in Londonistan by 40% so real British people can move back in rather than Arab billionaires and the low classes in social housing.
If house prices crash, the people who can least afford houses will still be unable to buy, because their incomes will slump still further due to unemployment. London does undeniably have a horrible housing situation for millions, but you'll find that Brexit won't make a scrap of difference to that.

By the way, heroic Boris, defender of the Britons against the evil Europeans - when he was Mayor of London, his response to the housing crisis was to fly to China and Brazil and act as a salesman for purveyors of ultra-high net worth housing in new blocks in Chelsea. So much for caring for the ordinary people.
Solicon
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by josh75)
I hate this remainder bs. Boris was elected, this is legal and your dishonest or heavily ignorant to our political system. You can argue this is unorthodox and yeah i would agree, but tbh so is so many of our MP's actively trying to stop brexit. Boris has never held no deal as his preferable option, but you remoaners in the media; parliament and in the rest of the country have made the air around the negations so toxic and defeatist in an attempt to stop brexit that this is our best option.
I always find it disgusting when people who value their EU rights are called "remoaners".
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
There’s a simple way of finding out what Boris said to the Queen.

We have to waterboard the Corgi.
:rofl:

"Speak pooch. What did he say? What did she say? You can bark if you can't talk.".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise