Are reading materials always the same?

Watch
Jamie2094o
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
May seem like a stupid question, but I've tried searching for it with no luck...

Are reading materials always the same? So I signed up for Law 2nd year at Uni, had everything sent out, then deferred it. If I were to sign back up for 2nd year, will the materials still be the same? I know the assignment questions will probably be different, just looking to see if this is pretty much a head start before it starts in Feb.

This is with the OU.

thanks in advance.
JollyCynic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the printed materials, revisions require new editions to be printed. That does happen, and I've had some 3rd edition materials for a module. But it's very rare and takes a long time. There's almost no danger studying from old printed materials for a module that hasn't been given a new module code. Just check the errata when the module begins to see if anything's outdated.

In theory, online-only materials are quicker to update, and I've been on a module where they just replaced sections of text between presentations. My best guess is that this is still fairly rare, though, due to bureaucracy in getting curriculum approved.

Most of the time, changes will simply be introduced in the Resources section of a module's website under Errata, or less commonly an additional online section.
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the most part, yeah. But they do get updated, sometimes even a few days before start date. Of course the TMA questions change every year.

It won't hurt by giving them a read though, as 99% of it will be the same unless they give the module a huge change, which doesn't happen often
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jamie2094o)
May seem like a stupid question, but I've tried searching for it with no luck...

Are reading materials always the same? So I signed up for Law 2nd year at Uni, had everything sent out, then deferred it. If I were to sign back up for 2nd year, will the materials still be the same? I know the assignment questions will probably be different, just looking to see if this is pretty much a head start before it starts in Feb.

This is with the OU.

thanks in advance.
Not always - reading materials may be updated or changed depending on the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads