my friends always call me fat and talentless Watch

qiqiao
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
they’ve been calling it me for over 7 months now, and it’s getting quite annoying. Around about April, they told me i’m extremely fat and i should not eat at this persons party. Then nearly everyday my friend keeps saying i should go out with this person because we’re are both fat. They keep saying are you really eating that? and stuff like that, it really hurts. They already know i have low self esteem and i eat nothing at all, why are they doing this? i can’t leave them because i’ll be lonely, they also call me useless, pathetic and talentless. We were in music class and me and my friend were trying to get into this group but they were only going to accept one of us, my friend said “pick me because i can play the guitar and (my name) can’t do ****.” I think it’s a joke but deep down it really hurts me, they do it on a regular basis. I cry myself to sleep every night, my friends hate me, my family hates me. I don’t know what to do with life.anyway sorry for rambling
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by qiqiao)
they’ve been calling it me for over 7 months now, and it’s getting quite annoying. Around about April, they told me i’m extremely fat and i should not eat at this persons party. Then nearly everyday my friend keeps saying i should go out with this person because we’re are both fat. They keep saying are you really eating that? and stuff like that, it really hurts. They already know i have low self esteem and i eat nothing at all, why are they doing this? i can’t leave them because i’ll be lonely, they also call me useless, pathetic and talentless. We were in music class and me and my friend were trying to get into this group but they were only going to accept one of us, my friend said “pick me because i can play the guitar and (my name) can’t do ****.” I think it’s a joke but deep down it really hurts me, they do it on a regular basis. I cry myself to sleep every night, my friends hate me, my family hates me. I don’t know what to do with life.anyway sorry for rambling
they simply are not your friends then
lunariumxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i don't know what you're name is or who you are but i know one thing you ARE beautiful , you ARE perfect , you ARE talented , and most of all your beautiful inside out , everyone feels like at times everyone hates , but look through the clouds and have a good nights sleep everything will be better tomorrow.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they do things like this they're clearly not your friends. I know how hard it can be to have toxic "friends" and trust me it's difficult, but cutting them out will help you so much in the long run. I was friends with someone who was awful to me for 7 years and to say that had an effect on my mental health is an understatement. I only recently got the courage to cut her out and it was hard at first but I'm so much better for it. It's scary but what they're doing and saying obviously shows they're not good for you and you're more than in the right to cut them out of your life.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're better off lonely than surrounding yourself with bullies like them.

Either stand up for yourself and let them know you're not going to take this mistreatment anymore, or simply walkaway. Don't tolerate it just for the sake of company.
fefssdf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
these people aren't your friends. ditch them and try and find some better people to spend time with who won't insult you
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
... because i’ll be lonely, they also call me useless, pathetic and talentless.
Try not to use the term lonely. Unfulfilling? When people work in groups at work or social. Unfulfilling.

... but yeah, I would see how that is to what you are explaining, seeing that a lot of people like to be seen in a way where they think they represent a certain image but for the reasons they're giving to get away from you. Doesn't seem so right, I would agree. If this is happening at school or at work, report it.

I had a guy in my class, because he had some impairment, it was frustrating many of the others and they didn't want to put up with it, so they were alienating him, pushing him aside, talking down at him. At someone asked me if he was being bullies and I gave a straight yes. 2 weeks later, teacher sent him on an errand, like take the register to the office. It was a distance for him to go to the office because it couldn't walk as fast or had trouble walking.

Teacher stood in front of the class. "I believe people are bullying that guy, so please take good care of him" and it was said in such a way because the teachers and whoever was asking wasn't sure and he was older then everyone. It was just he was impaired, could walk as well or talk as well as your average person but he was still a student.

... but stay away from them and take note. Stuff like how they could lure you to them and then they talk down at you to make you feel like it wasn't the effort to go to them. To trick you, maybe because they're bored or not having their day, so they take it out on you. So take note before reporting that behaviour with how they're luring you into situations and blowing your confidence and trust.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When people work in groups at work or social. Unfulfilling.
Sorry, let me get this part correct. When people work in groups at work or socially, it's fulfilling. So when you're left alone all the time, it can be unfulfilling. Every reasons we feel good during P.E. classes if you and someone else work together to score a goal to help win a game. Well I think so.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
With friends that behave like this who needs enemies?
They are not genuine friends, they are vicious bullies.
Don't waste your time on spiteful individuals who regularly insult, humiliate and gang up on you.
There are so many friendly, kind people in the world who will appreciate you and help build up your self esteem- rather than constantly try to destroy it.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You cant leave these so called friend" because you will" be lonely". There is your answer! You would rather put up with regular disrespect from people who are obviously not your friends than to have some self respect and get rid of them! They are verbally bullying you regularly because they know that you are too scared to even respect your own life! Bullies always know this about their victims. Time to stand up for yourself and start kicking these people to the kerb!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe they are just concerned about ur weight but don’t realise that the way they are talking to you is detrimental to ur health, rather than helpful which is what they probs intended. Talk to them, tell them that u don’t like them commenting on ur weight, they aren’t mind readers, they won’t know ur uncomfortable unless U tel them
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
She sounds scared and a people pleaser though.Unfortunately, one can "smell "this attitude on some people and some people will then show disrespect! She needs to open her mouth and speak her truth to them . They are not perfect either! It's that simple!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads