jackrey_nolds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok so basically I have just started college and have taken a levels in biology chemistry and English combined. Biology and chemistry are fine, I love them. However I have come to realise that English isn’t for me and the deadline to change subjects is this week. I want to replace English with something else, preferably an easy a level ( I know no a level is easy but I mean the easier ones) as biology and chemistry are my main focus. I’m thinking about economics. I also have the problem of my bio and chemistry lessons being moved around (the teachers and blocks etc) if I change my subject and this is something I absolutely do no want as I’ve just settled in . What should I do??? ARGHHHH
jackrey_nolds
Rep:
?
I’m so confused
jackrey_nolds
Rep:
?
Ag
ad.astra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jackrey_nolds)
Ok so basically I have just started college and have taken a levels in biology chemistry and English combined. Biology and chemistry are fine, I love them. However I have come to realise that English isn’t for me and the deadline to change subjects is this week. I want to replace English with something else, preferably an easy a level ( I know no a level is easy but I mean the easier ones) as biology and chemistry are my main focus. I’m thinking about economics. I also have the problem of my bio and chemistry lessons being moved around (the teachers and blocks etc) if I change my subject and this is something I absolutely do no want as I’ve just settled in . What should I do??? ARGHHHH
I'd recommend physics or maths, as they support your existing choices, I take both and would say maths is probably the easier of the two, though some of the physics course usually overlaps with chem so would have spightsl less topics to learn.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Both my kids did Economics A level and found it relatively easy compared to their other subjects, like Maths, Physics, English Lit and History. They found it quite interesting too. Business Studies is supposed to be even easier.

Another suggestion as it links in with Biology is Psychology, which is interesting in lessons but involves a lot of memorising when it comes to exams.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I always recommend this to students but have you considered A level Religious Studies? Extremely easy and interesting. A lot of it is common sense. I really can't stress how easy it is to do well in RS.

It has quite a bit of ethics and morality topics in it (abortion; death penalty etc) and often goes by the name of A level Religious Studies and Ethics. Very interesting, relevant and easy. :rambo:
jackrey_nolds
Rep:
?
Edit : I chose economics and loved the first lesson. Made my time table even better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (153)
60.71%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.29%

Watched Threads