bethaneb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, this is my first post on TSR so apologies if this gets posted in the wrong place. I’m looking for some advice on where to apply to medical school given the below:

My gcses weren’t brilliant:
English Language: 9
English Literature: 9
Maths: 6
Chemistry: 6
Biology: 7
Physics: 7
Art: 9
History: 8
German: 6

I am predicted: A*AA in English Language, Chemistry and Biology, however,

and my UCAT breakdown is:
Verbal: 620
Decision: 680
Quant: 640
Abstract: 640
SJT: Band 2
Again, not brilliant, so I’ll have to be strategic in my application.

My current shortlist is Liverpool, Sheffield, Hull York and Birmingham, but I wondering if anyone can give me any advice on whether or not there are others I should be considering in view of the above information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bethaneb)
Hello, this is my first post on TSR so apologies if this gets posted in the wrong place. I’m looking for some advice on where to apply to medical school given the below:

My gcses weren’t brilliant:
English Language: 9
English Literature: 9
Maths: 6
Chemistry: 6
Biology: 7
Physics: 7
Art: 9
History: 8
German: 6

I am predicted: A*AA in English Language, Chemistry and Biology, however,

and my UCAT breakdown is:
Verbal: 620
Decision: 680
Quant: 640
Abstract: 640
SJT: Band 2
Again, not brilliant, so I’ll have to be strategic in my application.

My current shortlist is Liverpool, Sheffield, Hull York and Birmingham, but I wondering if anyone can give me any advice on whether or not there are others I should be considering in view of the above information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5622970 which is the thread created for questions like this, this is so you get a faster reply by the experienced posters and also for future posters who may have similar stats to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
38.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (6)
8.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.71%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (21)
30%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (7)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
7.14%

Watched Threads