aisha_2702
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
How do you revise for history to make sure you remember all the content?

luke.ah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just finished A-Levels so I don't know what GCSE History is like now. However, for both GCSE and A-Level history, I would say the best resource is Quizlet, a website and mobile app where you can easily create and study flashcards - saves so much time (rather than writing them out by hand) and is excellent for learning dates/facts/definitions. It's also good to make concise (preferably typed) notes as you go through the textbook, so you have a document that summarising the key content and is easy to highlight/annotate and revise over (rather than re-reading the textbook). The traditional methods like watching documentaries/YouTube videos, mindmaps and sticking post-its with facts on around your home are also good to try, but make sure you don't spend too much time making them, as they aren't the most time-efficient. Perhaps most importantly, start doing the occasional essay paper or quiz pretty early in the year, so more intense practice doesn't come as a shock in the spring. Hope this helps
Bee Muza
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey there. This is one of my favourite subjects at school and trust me it is EASYYYY. What you need to do is make sure you have the syllabus and maybe a checklist of the topics so that when you’ve understood and completed a topic you’ll tick as you go. You can create your own timeline of events. I personally don’t like doing that because there are ALOT of dates to remember. But don’t let the dates trouble you. PLEASE write all of your notes. No matter how long they are and sometimes they can be really long. With History there are no shortcuts. What happened happened. So you really need to make sure all of your notes are up to date. I recommend MR Allsop YouTube if you are doing Cambridge History. I’m sorry that I can’t give you another YouTube channel if you do another syllabus. And above all read History EVERY DAY. Until you know that stuff like the back of your hand.
I hope I helped
All the BEST!!!!
Bee Muza
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Past PAPERS ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND
aisha_2702
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Bee Muza)
Hey there. This is one of my favourite subjects at school and trust me it is EASYYYY. What you need to do is make sure you have the syllabus and maybe a checklist of the topics so that when you’ve understood and completed a topic you’ll tick as you go. You can create your own timeline of events. I personally don’t like doing that because there are ALOT of dates to remember. But don’t let the dates trouble you. PLEASE write all of your notes. No matter how long they are and sometimes they can be really long. With History there are no shortcuts. What happened happened. So you really need to make sure all of your notes are up to date. I recommend MR Allsop YouTube if you are doing Cambridge History. I’m sorry that I can’t give you another YouTube channel if you do another syllabus. And above all read History EVERY DAY. Until you know that stuff like the back of your hand.
I hope I helped
All the BEST!!!!
Thank you
Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Use seneca for content had no teacher for history in y11 seneca is a great way to help you build your knowledge.
ella.ab
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Watch short videossssss theyre so entertainig yet helpful
JakeTSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by aisha_2702)
How do you revise for history to make sure you remember all the content?
Don’t just memorise isolated facts. Connect the dots and create a story in your head. Understand the bigger picture. I found it very useful to make timelines which helped me understand the topic and see a development of events. If you truly understand an event and see the bigger picture then you will automatically understand surrounding facts and events which are linked.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed