?
Report 3 weeks ago
honestly,, let life take it's course
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No. You have to plan and think how to make friends and be a good friend first!
IceyCake
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I guess you could try to be friends with more guys! Or if you like someone you could try to be friends with his friends and try to get closer to him. If you like a person but they don't like you back, just remember that there are other people out there and you'll find someone eventually. Just be yourself and don't change who you are to get someone to like you because it's not worth it. A guy will like you for who you are c:
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
If you like a guy, ask them to help you with something. Esp. With anything manly and then talk. It's happened to me before where girls would ask me about arrival time of buses, or opening can of pepsi (always diet!) to how to start a gym equipment before we got talking.
Also finding location of a building/class/office floor etc when they have a phone/map/floor plans on wall is a good one.

Also I always try to be helpful, doesn't matter if I know what is going on and if a guy is non responsive, rude- move on. If you get talking may be you will at least make a friend.

There are other moves and I am sure others will be more than happy to share them.
Analyst89
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Put yourself out there.

There are many ways to meet guys such as on one dating, speed dating, through education, through your circle etc.

Flirt with guys who you like, befriend guys.

Be confident in yourself.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The boyfriend store :dontknow:
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi. You found me. I'm a boyfriend.

I'm not your boyfriend, nor am I going to be, but you didn't specify that.
(Original post by Abidha)
^^^
Abidha
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Drewski)
Hi. You found me. I'm a boyfriend.

I'm not your boyfriend, nor am I going to be, but you didn't specify that.
I meant in general like in real life how to get one
aeneas_son
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ok fair enough i was slightly vague at first. Definitely if you want to get a guy ever you need to be comfortable with yourself first and foremost. That means being content with everything that you are, but still being self aware and constantly re-evaluating yourself. In other words, be a decent person.

Second, make sure your intentions are correct; what i meant my 'let life take it's course' is don't get too eager to find a boyfriend that the second you meet a slightly attractive male you start foaming in the mouth and dropping to your knees in front of him. I know relationships seem wonderful, and they honestly are. And im not saying there's anything wrong with wanting a boyfriend. But for a lack of a better term, don't be desperate. If it's meant to be, it'll be. So whilst you should put yourself out there and make friends, don't end up seeking boys only to date. A relationship happens from a friendship.

Again, and i can't stress this enough, don't make friends just so you can hope you will make a boyfriend out of one of them.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I meant in general like in real life how to get one
You have been given some good advice by a number of previous posters. What do yiu think of their advice? You need to take action with good advice otherwise nithing will change. Simple!
rhydio123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
as a guy i also need help
i was bullied for being gxxay
ive received multiple threats and have been beaten due to my sexxxauality
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Read Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People. Also read his How To Stop Worrying And Start Living.
Read some books on how to get and close sales. Or watch some youtube videos on this.
Preferably get some direct sales experience. EG in a car dealership.
Go out and meet as many people as you can. Expand your social circle as far as you can. And practise what you've learnt about interacting with people, managing your worries and closing sales.
Don't expect to be an expert at getting a boyfriend straight away, if ever. But being good enough at it will get you results.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Listen boys find you. I remember in year 7 I constantly used to beg myself to boys but in year 10 a boy asked me out after months of being friends and a year and 8 months later were still together. Men find you.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rhydio123)
as a guy i also need help
i was bullied for being gxxay
ive received multiple threats and have been beaten due to my sexxxauality
Dude are you okay??
Abidha
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
^^^
thankss everyone so much for the advice it has helped
i guess I just feel a bit left out with my friends and stuff snd ive never been in a relationship before but I understand now I shouldn’t be desperate like this
my time will come when it’s right
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
thankss everyone so much for the advice it has helped
i guess I just feel a bit left out with my friends and stuff snd ive never been in a relationship before but I understand now I shouldn’t be desperate like this
my time will come when it’s right
Just remember:-

Finding a "boyfriend" will be easy... However, finding a decent boyfriend (by this, I mean someone who gives you butterflies / goosebumps, treats you well and you consider your best friend) is likely to take some patience, time and some ground-work on your part..

To help the processes in the latter, think about the qualities that are important to you (e.g. looks / body; social interests; status etc.) and think where you're likely to find those guys. Also think about what kind of things they're likely to go for and ask yourself if you meet their criteria.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Just remember:-

Finding a "boyfriend" will be easy... However, finding a decent boyfriend (by this, I mean someone who gives you butterflies / goosebumps, treats you well and you consider your best friend) is likely to take some patience, time and some ground-work on your part..

To help the processes in the latter, think about the qualities that are important to you (e.g. looks / body; social interests; status etc.) and think where you're likely to find those guys. Also think about what kind of things they're likely to go for and ask yourself if you meet their criteria.
But here is the bit that causes girls a problem: not being clear how their dating style affects whether or not an unwanted f...k boy sticks around!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.09%
It's just nice to be back! (195)
26.93%
Not great so far... (262)
36.19%
I want to drop out! (136)
18.78%

Watched Threads