Scared of going to doctors about private areas... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Long story short... I’ve been experiencing really bad itching around my anus and vulva for weeks now.

I know it’s not going to go away without a trip to the doctor’s.

But the thought of having to show my vagina/bum to a doctor is really daunting. I know they see loads of them and blah blah blah, but I just feel like I’m gonna panic when I get in there. I feel really embarrassed. Baring in mind, I’ve never had sex so I’ve never shown those areas to anyone ever.

I’ve already put this appointment off for over a week now. Please give me some advice on how to cope with the embarrassment.
TSR_.Lord
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You'll be fine, sweetie. My thoughts are with you.
I'm a boy and I had to get my butt hole observed for spots.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Long story short... I’ve been experiencing really bad itching around my anus and vulva for weeks now.

I know it’s not going to go away without a trip to the doctor’s.

But the thought of having to show my vagina/bum to a doctor is really daunting. I know they see loads of them and blah blah blah, but I just feel like I’m gonna panic when I get in there. I feel really embarrassed. Baring in mind, I’ve never had sex so I’ve never shown those areas to anyone ever.

I’ve already put this appointment off for over a week now. Please give me some advice on how to cope with the embarrassment.
If you have a problem it is better to get it checked rather than leave it and for things to get worse. It may feel a little embarrassing but your health should be your priority.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
you’ll be fine! yes it will feel daunting and nerve wracking but it will be over pretty quickly and for the best. i know how you feel. i had to have a colonoscopy and was mortified! but these people are professionals and are good at making you feel at ease. good luck
Anonymous #1
I would just like to say thank you to everyone who replied. I went to the GP earlier and she put me at ease. It was slightly uncomfortable but I’m definitely glad I went, as I’ve got a prescription now which should hopefully resolve the issue.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
you’ll be fine! yes it will feel daunting and nerve wracking but it will be over pretty quickly and for the best. i know how you feel. i had to have a colonoscopy and was mortified! but these people are professionals and are good at making you feel at ease. good luck
This was really good advice, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads