Unnamed User
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I was in the process of applying for student finance (for 2nd year of study), and got to the financial part of the form. I didn't apply for any additional maintenance loan as I don't need it, and it says that I don't need to provide any further financial details.

According to my university, I should get a bursary due to the household income, so I was just wondering how the university will know what bursary to give me if I don't have to provide any financial information?

Thank you for any help
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Unnamed User)
Hi,

I was in the process of applying for student finance (for 2nd year of study), and got to the financial part of the form. I didn't apply for any additional maintenance loan as I don't need it, and it says that I don't need to provide any further financial details.

According to my university, I should get a bursary due to the household income, so I was just wondering how the university will know what bursary to give me if I don't have to provide any financial information?

Thank you for any help
Your university will know whether you're eligible for a bursary via SFE.
Unnamed User
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Your university will know whether you're eligible for a bursary via SFE.
Thank you for replying

They didn't ask me to provide any of my family details such as parent email address or anything. How will my university know how much bursary to give me without this information?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for replying

They didn't ask me to provide any of my family details such as parent email address or anything. How will my university know how much bursary to give me without this information?
They use the assessment of household income carried out by SFE to automatically assess whether students are eligible for a bursary.
Unnamed User
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
They use the assessment of household income carried out by SFE to automatically assess whether students are eligible for a bursary.
But SFE said they don't need any of my household income as I didn't apply for additional maintenance loan
CoffeeAndPolitics
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But SFE said they don't need any of my household income as I didn't apply for additional maintenance loan
Ah then I'm not sure about this sadly.
Motherofgreys
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd have thought you might not be eligible based on this, the advice tends to always be apply for the additional maintenance loan whether you feel you need it or not - better to have it than not! Chances are you won't ever pay it all back anyway, so if it's possible to, I'd change the application if possible? Otherwise speak to uni about it, they normally have a finance help desk!
Unnamed User
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Motherofgreys)
I'd have thought you might not be eligible based on this, the advice tends to always be apply for the additional maintenance loan whether you feel you need it or not - better to have it than not! Chances are you won't ever pay it all back anyway, so if it's possible to, I'd change the application if possible? Otherwise speak to uni about it, they normally have a finance help desk!
The only reason I don't need it is because I live at home and commute to uni.
My uni is the one that gives the bursary based on household income given in SFE. If I don't need to provide it, then how do they know my household income? That was my main dilemma. However, I found a way around it. I just said I wanted additional loan and increased the loan by like 6 pounds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
9.52%
They might tell the bully (4)
19.05%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
14.29%
It might lead to more bullying (7)
33.33%
There's nothing they could do (5)
23.81%

Watched Threads